Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Four More to complete my Jackson Nole WY trip
Posted By: Jimbo, 06-27-2009, 03:03 PM

The first one is my daughters favorite and IU like the mosse shots, though very little comments on the moose shots. Tough crowd! Thanks for looking at my images. JIM

Views: 2,437
06-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey buddy - gorgeous shots as usual. I'm really taken with number 2 - I like the framing, a technique I should use more.

Jer
06-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Very nice series Jim.

Tom G
06-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Hey buddy - gorgeous shots as usual. I'm really taken with number 2 - I like the framing, a technique I should use more.

Jer
Thanks Jer. I can always count on you checking in on my images. cheers mate! JIM

QuoteQuote:
Very nice series Jim.

Tom G
Thank you Tom. JIM

06-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Jim,

That's a great vista in the first image. Definitely big sky! The second image is excellent - is the waterline slightly higher on the right? An alpine meadow is a nice change for the eyes.

The moose shot is a classic shot - close up, but still a bummer... dang wildlife models...

Regards,
Marc
06-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Hi Jim,

That's a great vista in the first image. Definitely big sky! The second image is excellent - is the waterline slightly higher on the right? An alpine meadow is a nice change for the eyes.

The moose shot is a classic shot - close up, but still a bummer... dang wildlife models...

Regards,
Marc
Thanks Marc and you could be right. The horizon on the second could be slightly off. Will try a slight adjustment. I took 100 shots of this moose and I think it only faced me once or twice. Wish I had more time though I think I will be returning here in the fall for a couple of days to shoot more. Love this location. JIM
06-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
slight adjustment in the horizon on this shot as suggested by Marc. Marc, it was off ever so slightly. JIM

06-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
slight adjustment in the horizon on this shot as suggested by Marc. Marc, it was off ever so slightly. JIM

Excellent! I really like that shot Jim!

Forgive my built in level... that's the result of architectural drafting from way back when...
06-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Forgive my built in level... that's the result of architectural drafting from way back when..
No problem. you have caught me on that one many times!!! Here is one of the moose shots where he faced me. not many though. JIM

06-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The moose know when you are photographing them. I stalked on for over an hour the last time I was in Yellowstone and every time I lifted the camera to shoot, all I saw was hindquarters!

Steve
06-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice images Jim, like this last moose shot the best.
06-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #12
Veteran Member

awesome shots Jim. I like #2 the best. The overhanging tree puts you (err, me) in the scene more. Makes me want to walk or paddle over to the other side and climb the hill there, just until I get to the snowline and the really steep stuff. I have to mark this place down on my list of "must see" spots.
06-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
The moose know when you are photographing them. I stalked on for over an hour the last time I was in Yellowstone and every time I lifted the camera to shoot, all I saw was hindquarters!

Steve
That'a what happened with me. would never look directly at me. Thanks Steve JIM

QuoteQuote:
Very nice images Jim, like this last moose shot the best.
Yesterday 09:00 PM
Thank you Henrich. JIM

QuoteQuote:
awesome shots Jim. I like #2 the best. The overhanging tree puts you (err, me) in the scene more. Makes me want to walk or paddle over to the other side and climb the hill there, just until I get to the snowline and the really steep stuff. I have to mark this place down on my list of "must see" spots.

khardur.. Appreciate your kind words. JIM
06-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #14

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful shots Jim, I'll be heading up near you in a couple of weeks. I won't make it down to the Tetons but I'll be going through the upper part of Yellowstone by way of the Beartooth Hwy, Cooke City to West Yellowstone and up to Helena, MT. Looking forward to the trip and hope to get some pics as good as yours...
06-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Beautiful shots Jim, I'll be heading up near you in a couple of weeks. I won't make it down to the Tetons but I'll be going through the upper part of Yellowstone by way of the Beartooth Hwy, Cooke City to West Yellowstone and up to Helena, MT. Looking forward to the trip and hope to get some pics as good as yours...
Good luck with your trip. Looking forward to seeing some of your images. JIM