Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
more farm panos
Posted By: imtheguy, 06-27-2009, 09:59 PM

not exciting, in fact these are two that I am NOT printing for my father's 90th birthday (his farm) but I will post the good ones later after I go reshoot them tomorrow morning.

First is the hill with old farm house you cant see because of trees. Old as in 130 years or so. Seperate kitchen building, that sort of thing. yes, its on a hill, yes the tripod was not level and the bins are the leaning bins of Wakefield, VA
Print size is 72"x24"

This one is only meaningful to the family as the road and pond have signs dedicating them to my mom and dad. The nice looking pic will be taken from the other side.

Panos are really fun to make. The originals here were 12-16 shots. I have one of a big pond on the other side of the farm that is 18 frames and no way to fit it in less than a 12' print! have to reshoot tomorrow with less FOV.

edit - shot with DA 16-45mm at 20mm @ f/13

Last edited by imtheguy; 06-28-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Views: 2,236
06-28-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like #1, nice feel to it. Since you are going to reshoot, I might suggest including the rest of the red piece of equipment on the far left.
I might also park a tractor somewhere in the shot, but I like tractors.
06-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yes, I was hoping for some equipment in the sheds to the right but it was all parked out in the fields. The problem with including anymore of the red item to the left is bunch of large propane tanks (for drying corn) start filling up the view if its not cropped where I did. But like I said, neither of these 2 are supposed to win any art contests. They are just for my old man's memories. He doesn't live there but drives (or gets driven) 130miles round trip twice a week just to see these sights. Thanks for viewing and comments.