Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pushing an already high ISO on a P&S
Posted By: Finn, 04-30-2007, 09:00 PM

I shot this on a dark, rainy morning on my walk to work. I shot it on an Optio S5i (my wife likes to keep the K100D at home during the day, in case the baby does something cute, which, of course, he does unfailingly) at ISO 400, -1 EV, and pushed it in PP. I used the channel mixer in CS2 to convert to grayscale, which is really the only way I find digital noise tolerable. It reminds me of high speed film. Though I'm not crazy about the composition (the bottom right being particularly distracting), for a quick snap I thought this turned out pretty well:

Views: 1,752
04-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
And something else I just noticed -- that's some pretty serious vignetting. I've never noticed that on the camera before. Then again, it could just be from the backlit fog.
04-30-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
db2

Hi Finn

Its great to play with this noise! Have you tried a really noisy portrait converterted to one bit? In this photo, for my taste more seagulls would have been better. Maybe buy some chips?