Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bobcaygeon Fireworks - Happy Canada Day!
Posted By: MrEspie, 07-02-2009, 12:03 AM

Bobcaygeon may be a small town, but we boast what is most likely the largest Canada Day fireworks display north of Toronto! It lasts over an hour and involves over one hundred shells! What's special about this year's display is that it happens to be the first wherein I have a camera. As such, go easy on me - this is only my first batch of fireworks shots...

Views: 2,068
07-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Good work, it looks like they pulled out all the stops in honour of your camera eh!
07-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Gary. This year's show was definitely something else, but then it's always amazing. They just happen to redefine "amazing" every year. That's all.
07-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These are really nice images, thanks for posting them. We spent a few days in Bobcaygeon last month visiting with old friends and that place sure has changed over the last 20 years or so. Looks like the fireworks were done from the Fairgrounds and you shot from the back roads bridge (that is now closed) Anyway, very good photography.

Last edited by Heinrich Lohmann; 07-03-2009 at 02:26 PM.
07-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks, Heinrich. Yeah, 'Caygeon certainly has changed since I moved here (about 12 years ago) - especially Bolton St. It's slowly turning into Bigleyville.

You're a little off on my location though. The fireworks were at the beach park on Sturgeon, and I was shooting from around the boardwalk to the locks.