Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Spotmatic lives!
Posted By: ismaelg, 07-03-2009, 11:25 AM

Hello,

I recently posted about my "new" Spotmatic.
(Here is the link)
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/64612-my-new-spotmatic.html

In short: This tired camera still have some life in it. I'm still waiting for a lens I ordered, but after receiving my SV with the Super Takumar 55mm f1.8 I had to try it in the Spotmatic.
These pictures are NOT good for any conclusion or comparison for various reasons:
- I only had cheap Walgreens 200 film. I don't like it but that's the only one I could find locally. Still waiting on the Kodak Gold 100 I ordered.
- My pro lab is a 2 hour drive away. So I took the roll to develop a few blocks away to: You guessed it: Walgreens.
- These are scans of the awful 4x6 prints and are no worst than the photo CD. I'll have my pro-lab scan the negatives when I get a chance.

So, in conclusion these only show the camera can still take pictures
The meter, while working, doesn't seems to be very accurate so I went with the sunny 16 rule. I think the shutter speeds are relatively accurate.

250 f16

This is tough to meter. The roof in the back is "aluminized" and acts like a mirror. But there is still detail in the shadows. 125 f16

60 f5.6

250 f16

I can't wait to get more tests with better film and better process. I also want to test my "new" Pentax SV (which is in excellent condition) and do a heads up comparison with my K1000 and K100DS.
Time, the most precious commodity

Thanks,
Views: 1,367
07-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Looking good. Ah the good old days. It really is so sad that Kodak took our Kodachrome away!

You are off to a great start here.