Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My first model shoot! (please critique!)
Posted By: codiac2600, 05-01-2007, 11:30 PM

Well I finally found a victim willing to pose while I run around with a camera snaping shots left and right. After about 4 hours and 483 pictures later I ended up with 100+ keepers and have my top 15 here for you to look at and let me know how you feel and what I need to change to get better and better at this area of photography.

Well please rip into these and if you want to see more let me know because their are about 80+ more of her in my photobucket account waiting to be shown!
Views: 2,139
05-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by scg Quote
Images 1,5, and 7 are ones that you might consider as a template to work off of in the future. They are the ones that I think have the most merit in your offering here.
What the... they're among my least favourite... oh well... that's subjectivity for you...

It would be interesting to know what HER favourites are? She's the only one that would give you money for them after all!

'Less is more'..... absolutely!!! It's one of the keys to most decent portfolios I look at (I'm an Art Director.... blah blah think I've mentioned that before... )

05-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Christian Quote
What the... they're among my least favourite... oh well... that's subjectivity for you...

It would be interesting to know what HER favourites are? She's the only one that would give you money for them after all!

'Less is more'..... absolutely!!! It's one of the keys to most decent portfolios I look at (I'm an Art Director.... blah blah think I've mentioned that before... )

Ahhhhh, Christian,

Please note;

I said those are the ones from this series that I thought would serve as a basis for a portfolio. To me, they show the more traditional look that people are looking for when they have to ante up.

Personally, though there are some techinical, balance and modeling issues, I like the fence and light shot as well as the half face illumination from what I assume is a soda machine. I think there was some original input here and I think it bodes well for the photographers talent and growth.

Stephen
05-04-2007, 05:57 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Yeah I agree ... a non-model doing model poses... ouch.

But a good start! This is where a local camera club might come in handy... cheaper to share cost of hiring a model adn you can get help from people who know about lighting etc. I migh try and find one.. or go on a studio course...