Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A couple of my fav from 4th of July this year
Posted By: brecklundin, 07-05-2009, 12:41 AM

I know, fireworks are fireworks, but my friends and family all like me to get shots every year. I have to say I had a good year this time out. The past few years we had fog so the FW's were, well, foggy.

Here are a couple of my favs:

K20D, FA 77mm Limited, f/9, 2.5s, ISO 100

K20D, FA 77mm Limited, f/9, 7.3s, ISO 100

I just stood on my back deck and shot this year...the new location was nice except for the power lines in the way along the bottom of most of the shots. Still, over all, I was happy with the way the new gear handled.
Views: 1,419
07-05-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
a nice shot. nice grouping of the fireworks. I have to wait till next year as I was resting a torn tendon in my foot, so no fireworks for me.
07-05-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
thanks Scott...bummer about your foot!! I just got over a broken bone in my right foot which had me hobbled for about 2-months. I would rather have a broken small bone that a tendon prob as they can be sooooo slow to heal.

I was very happy with the results I got from the new gear...I picked up a Remote F before ordering a body but just kept the camera in Bulb mode keeping the shutter open until I thought the groups were done. The remote funtion in the body is actually quite nice.

Otherwise I think I just was guessing right this year when to close the shutter.