Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
This is some of what I found in my travels.....
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 07-05-2009, 10:21 PM

....in Ontario

A Mayfly



Unidentified, if anyone knows what it is please let us know



small unidentified caterpillar



A Sowbug



Long-jawed Orb Weaver



All with K20D and DFA 2.8 100 mm macro

Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Views: 1,732
07-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
Damn Brit
Guest




Great captures Heinrich, another productive trip.
I believe the first unidentified (second shot) may be a stonefly.
07-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Venturi's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,637
Okay, #1 is definitely one of the coffee addicted aliens in the break room at MIB Headquarters.

#2 looks like a cicada of some variety to me.

Very nice shots, Heinrich.
07-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
imtheguy's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia Beach
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,950
I sure cant identify any but besides the fact that they are all great shots, #1 has the most incredible lighting and choice of background color to go with it I have ever seen for a bug shot. I am ready for Heinrich to adapt me so I can learn to do that.

07-06-2009, 07:13 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,248
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Great captures Heinrich, another productive trip.
I believe the first unidentified (second shot) may be a stonefly.
Thank tou Gary and I believe that you are right about the second one being a Stone-fly.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Okay, #1 is definitely one of the coffee addicted aliens in the break room at MIB Headquarters.

#2 looks like a cicada of some variety to me.

Very nice shots, Heinrich.
Thank you Jim, it's appreciated.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
I sure cant identify any but besides the fact that they are all great shots, #1 has the most incredible lighting and choice of background color to go with it I have ever seen for a bug shot. I am ready for Heinrich to adapt me so I can learn to do that.
Thank you Lee, the lighting on #1 is purely accidental. The mayfly was sitting on a double glazed window and what you see is the light from the flash reflecting of the two panes.

Take care,
07-06-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
Senior Member
bnishanth's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore, KA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 223
Creeepy..!!!

Like the last one, well composed picture

Cheers
Nish
07-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #7
Veteran Member
mithrandir's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,890
Heinrich, so much is hidden to our eyes in this world. Thanks for taking the time to reveal some of it.
07-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
Pentaxian
reeftool's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,504
A very nice series.

07-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,640
These are great, my friend. Well composed and the technical precision is terrific.

Jer
07-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,248
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bnishanth Quote
Creeepy..!!!

Like the last one, well composed picture

Cheers
Nish
Thank you Nish. As far as creepy goes, these are the good looking once.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
Heinrich, so much is hidden to our eyes in this world. Thanks for taking the time to reveal some of it.
Thank you very kindly and you are of right, it is amazing what one can see through a macro lens.

take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
A very nice series.
Thank you reeftool and do take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
These are great, my friend. Well composed and the technical precision is terrific.

Jer
Thank you for the kind words Jer, somethimes one does get lucky.

Take care,
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The K-x travels around the world GeneV Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 0 07-20-2010 05:12 PM
Pentax K-x travels rafke Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 01-04-2010 04:58 PM
China travels knumbnutz Post Your Photos! 11 05-17-2009 07:34 PM
From my travels JMR Post Your Photos! 17 01-28-2009 05:37 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top