Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Assorted Photos Some Pentax & Others Not
Posted By: Christopher M.W.T, 07-14-2009, 11:08 PM

I'm still quite new to photography especially SLR's, but this is my results with shooting from Point & Shoot (Canon IXUs 65) & Pentax K100D & now K7D

K7D

Far from a good shot but I managed to salvage it.

5 x 1+/-EV shots of my car sitting around, subject matter pretty boring imho.

A flash photo of my cat Simba, photos pretty much as it came out of the camera, shot in RAW and tweaked ever so slightly in Lightroom 2.3

My parents cat, taken at 1600 ISO with no flash, once again pretty much as it came out of the camera, processed in LR with some minor black adjustments.

The sky, shot in Raw and minimal post-processing, I think just tweaking the WB a bit.

K100D

This was shot hand held as 3 exposures through a 2nd hand shop Sigma DL 100-300mm lense.

This is one of my personal favourites, took that with an old Ricoh 50 1.7 lense.

First photo I ever took with a DSLR (Pentax K100D) done some adjustments and enhancements.

Early shots

Some photography at an event, shot with a Sigma DC 18-55mm (cheapie kit lense) at 1600 ISO.

Thats me in the middle and yes I'm holding the camera. (My girlfriend didn't like this shot one bit )

If you look carefully you'll see all BUT one person is blurred.

CANON IXUS 65

Most of these images are in fact single JPEGS I shot some time ago, only recently I have gone back through processing them after learing how to.

Last edited by Christopher M.W.T; 07-16-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Views: 2,357
07-14-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like your post production work. Makes simple shots exciting to look at. The Eiffel Tower shot looking down with the cigarette butts on the ledge is amazing.
07-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
I like your post production work. Makes simple shots exciting to look at. The Eiffel Tower shot looking down with the cigarette butts on the ledge is amazing.
Thanks for that, interestingly enough the last 2 photos and the photo of the tacho are completed untouched and as they came out of the camera.
07-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Also like to add please check out my flickr page has a lot more stuff on it, i'm always updating it with odd bits and pieces.

Cheers

07-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The over-the-top HDR style doesn't get much love here (rightly so, IMO) but a couple of these work well.

The top-down view from the Eiffel is nice, and the sunburst over London as well.
07-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great assorted series, fun to browse and good shots!
07-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
The over-the-top HDR style doesn't get much love here (rightly so, IMO) but a couple of these work well.

The top-down view from the Eiffel is nice, and the sunburst over London as well.
The london sunburst is the most natural actually, the original photo is not all that much different. Applying the HDR process did more to bring out the water if anything I actually shot the photo using B&W on my camera.

The Eiffel Tower is actually my 2nd HDR attempt, a bit of an accident and a little cartoony IMHO but I may go and re-do it again.

07-16-2009, 02:24 AM   #8
Forum Member

great shots you have there!
07-16-2009, 03:56 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Fun set to check out with lots of excellent shots, and a couple outstanding ones. I really like your work!

c[_]
07-16-2009, 04:56 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ll_coffee_lP Quote
Fun set to check out with lots of excellent shots, and a couple outstanding ones. I really like your work!

c[_]
Thankyou

It's been a somewhat neglected hobby of mine, I never quite realised that I enjoyed it until a few months ago, I bought my little ixus back in 2007 before I went to Japan & Europe and just went snapping crazy seem to just be a natural thing.

This is one of my personal favourite untouched photos, this photo is exactly as it came out of the camera.

In hindsight I would have composed it better but it was just a quick shot, I was more concerned with getting the camera settings right (the manual settings was a NEW discovery a few days before lol)