Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Some of us have no business with zoom lens. BIG airplane pic!!
Posted By: vmax84, 07-16-2009, 12:29 PM

When is too much zoom too much zoom? Nice day today in Indy, and wandered out to the airport with the K100D and cheapo Tamron 75-300mm lens.

Yeah, I know.........pitiful, but I had fun and maybe won't use quite as much zoom next time!! hahaha!!

vmax84

Views: 3,319
07-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #16
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Never too much. A great shot. Fed Ex would appreciate the shot

07-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vmax84 Quote
Ya' know, for the cheapest 75-300mm zoom out there, and providing there is enough light, I am tickled pink on how well it does. I think I paid 75 bucks for it (used) and it goes for something like 125-135$ new. Even in lower light, with the shake reduction on the K100D, I'm able to pull a rabbit out of the hat on quite a few occassions.

This photo stuff is such a nice "escape" for me, from the everyday grind of things and what I've got going in my life right now. I just really enjoy it.

Anyway...............

vmax84
Yeah-Yeah!

Sometimes I bring it to clubs and zoom in tight on the face and it works out... sharp, close in.
As for the "escape" part... double yeah-yeah. I have an odd condition that gets me sick in the heat or excursion... "but I am allergic to work..." and this photography thing keeps me involved in a community while I had felt like I can't participate before.