Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Snake Sunset Panorama
Posted By: Damn Brit, 07-17-2009, 01:48 AM

On the way home from walking the dogs this evening I saw a view I hadn't seen before.
One of those houses that is built against the hillside on stilts where they park their car on the roof was conveniently placed so I had a nice level surface for my tripod.
Three exposures. Title comes from the fact it was taken on Snake Rd.

Views: 3,979
07-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #16
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
Nice job Gary, you do those panoramas good........
Cheers John

QuoteOriginally posted by Plankton Quote
Great image Gary. Amazing colours, Ican easily picture this adorning a wall somewhere.
Care to share how you did this panorama? Did, you take a shot then pan the tripod to the edge of your last shot rinse/repeat? Or did you do some other method.

-Javin
Thanks Javin, I shoot and pan, I overlap about 25%, which I find works well.

QuoteOriginally posted by maritimer Quote
Superbly done, sir. Just love the way that blue blends into the orange Just stunning work.
Thank you very much.

QuoteOriginally posted by dazman Quote
Fantastic pano, Gary. Love the colours
Thanks Daz Mate.

QuoteOriginally posted by metroeloise Quote
Sweet. Been meaning to try some... Have a vantage over the GP plant I have been shooting in to get on... It is all about the timing...
Thanks, you need to make sure your tripod is level and you also have to be careful about where the horizon is. I took one last week, tripod was level but the horizon was below me slightly, the pano came out ok but it was bowed in the middle. That doesn't look right when there is water involved.

07-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #17
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by mie17 Quote
well done! its soo pretty!
Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
That is a nice pano Gary, wonderful colors. I do like the clean blues and clean reds on top and bottom and the middle blending in very nicely. Thanks for posting it.
Thank you Heinrich, I'm glad you liked it.