Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Morning Glory
Posted By: Jimbo, 07-18-2009, 10:10 AM

Was up at 5:30 again today and got a few shots before breakfast. Working on a few more. JIM

Views: 4,089
07-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Really nice--love the reflections

07-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #32
JMR
Veteran Member

Ah... very nice Jim.

JMR
07-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Really nice--love the reflections
Appreciate you commenting. Thank you Rickst. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Ah... very nice Jim.

JMR
Thank you JMR. JIM
07-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #34
Forum Member

Beautiful work, Jimbo! I'm guessing these were taken somewhere near Aggasiz. I've travelled many times through the Fraser River delta .. always glorious vistas to be had.

07-20-2009, 07:27 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Beautiful work, Jimbo! I'm guessing these were taken somewhere near Aggasiz. I've travelled many times through the Fraser River delta .. always glorious vistas to be had
Thank you and close. These are just out side Maple Ridge at the end of Pitt Lake. JIM
07-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Suberb images as usual Jim. The 3rd is my favorite though. the balance of the light is spectacular and I'm glad that you managed to hold a bit of detail in that farthest peak.

Mike
07-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Suberb images as usual Jim. The 3rd is my favorite though. the balance of the light is spectacular and I'm glad that you managed to hold a bit of detail in that farthest peak.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I think I set the shot to F22 [prefer F16 with this lens] I had to put a polyerized filter on and then hand held a ND8 to help control the sun rising on the right of the photo. I also turned the polyerize filter to the sky to bring out the blue. Next time I think I will turn it down to the water. As you know there is only about 5-10 minutes before the light gets to harsh and you loose the shot. Cheers JIM

07-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Hey Jim, I was curious as to what ND filters you are using, what brand did you go with? Hard or soft? Did you get them from a local shop or did you buy them online? Are you happy with them?

Just trying to gather all the info I can before I order mine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, John
07-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Hey Jim, I was curious as to what ND filters you are using, what brand did you go with? Hard or soft? Did you get them from a local shop or did you buy them online? Are you happy with them?

Just trying to gather all the info I can before I order mine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, John
John, I use Cokin filters and pay from a local photo store. I use the soft ND filters though I could see the hard one could be usefull on some shots where the horizon is high and defined. The whole filter thing for me is all new and I know I will be adding a few before our trip. [Have the ND8 and would like to get the ND6 too] Filter prices range from low costs to WOW.. 100's of dollars, just like photo equipment. I have heard Singh Filters Singh-Ray Filters: For our Canadian Friends are highly rated as are Hoya and Tiffen. The next one for me though will be the Singh Ray Gold N Blue Polarlizer. Singh-Ray Filters: Gold-N-Blue Polarizer

Not sure if I helped or made it more confusing. Again, this is all new to me and I am learning as I go. JIM
07-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Thanks Jim, Yea that is a great help, it's a tough decision on how much to spend relative to how much I will use the filters, I have read that the Cokin's have some color cast put it doesn't appear to be a problem with your shots.

I have been leaning toward's the Hitech ND filters, they are less money then the lee's and others, but not cheap.

Thanks again,

John
07-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Thanks Jim, Yea that is a great help, it's a tough decision on how much to spend relative to how much I will use the filters, I have read that the Cokin's have some color cast put it doesn't appear to be a problem with your shots.

I have been leaning toward's the Hitech ND filters, they are less money then the lee's and others, but not cheap.

Thanks again,

John
Never heard of Hitech filters. You will have to let me know how you make out. JIM