Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Birds of Prey with the K-7 ~ 10 images
Posted By: MightyMike, 07-21-2009, 08:26 AM

Well i took the K-7 out for some Birding at a local falconry center, 1 out of every 3 were complete throw-aways but that had to do with technique as much as the cameras abilities and even though i threw out 33% i still only edited less then 10% of the remaining photos... but as you'll see the K-7 is quite capable of getting the job done! One thing i should mention is that with AF-C and all points AF the burst slows down quite a bit but on center point AF it doesn't, at least not as much if it does.

The Gallery: (Be warned that there are some feeding photos and they aren't for the faint of heart, lets just say you won't look at chicken the same way again)

http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/...7/wildlife/birds/falconry/index.html

Just a few pictures from the gallery...

Views: 5,320
07-22-2009, 01:45 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Superb effort and a nice camera to boot

cheers

07-22-2009, 03:12 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Ditto - really superb!

Dylan
07-22-2009, 06:07 AM   #18

Fantastic shots and great detail.
07-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #19
Forum Member

Those are fantastic shots. I can't imagine how much of an improvement the K7 autofocus is going to be over my old K10D. Now if only I had some AF lenses...

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
super raptor series... your next to last shot is fantastic... both in capture and a symbol of our country......
I believe "Mike from Canada" is from Canada.

We don't have a national bird in Canada because picking just one would hurt the feelings of the other birds...

07-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Stunning shot!

But do I see an eagle among the falcons! Amazing, never heard of eagles being trained like that! Or am I totally wrong!?
07-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Stunning shot!

But do I see an eagle among the falcons! Amazing, never heard of eagles being trained like that! Or am I totally wrong!?
My local zoo has two Bald Eagles that fly regularly and they seem to be well trained... they have those leather things on their legs so the trainers can handle them, though the ones at the zoo seem to be scared of other smaller birds!?!