Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Exploring. A study in soft and giggly.
Posted By: metroeloise, 07-22-2009, 09:27 AM

Went to see The Vagabond Opera. Local touring Gypsy Theatrical band. Knew it would be a spectacle.

Choose to bring my Tammy 70-300mm. Rarely does it get to go out to the bar (much too slow). When I do I focus in tight on the face and wait the lights... Got surprising results.

This time I wanted to explore softness and camera movement. All this time working toward opposite goals... I thought it would be a test of skill to work for effects...

The lighting was inspiring as was their costumes and antics. On site there are examples of sharp images.

Please do leave comments. I find I am liking these and want to enhance them in Ps... Gladly entertain suggestions. PP is only Lr.

Views: 1,659
07-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow this Forum is getting big! This was off the first page in an afternoon...

taking the liberty to send it through again as I am working on this style some and am asking for comments to assist me, guide me in getting this... I think it will make a good way to get elements for future composite shots.

Thanks for your considerations.
Ciao.
07-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi metroeloise, I really like one for the color highlights, stage lighting can either be a blast or a curse depending on your mind frame. I'm usually in the former catageory. I usually don't like the "soft" look but in theses shots it works. I also really enjoy 3, 5, and 6 for pretty much the same reasons. Don't like 7, for me there is no good reason why the water droplets (sweat?) seem so much clearer while the rest of the shot is oof. But the I like the rest of them.

NaCl(my 2 cents and worth all of that)H2O
07-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Very nice images. Almost impressionistic. I'd call it a successful exploration.

Mike

07-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Colours are very pleasant, and the soft, long exposure bluriness are quite unique - not my favourite style, but much to appreciate about them
Well done.
07-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi metroeloise, I really like one for the color highlights, stage lighting can either be a blast or a curse depending on your mind frame. I'm usually in the former catageory. I usually don't like the "soft" look but in theses shots it works. I also really enjoy 3, 5, and 6 for pretty much the same reasons. Don't like 7, for me there is no good reason why the water droplets (sweat?) seem so much clearer while the rest of the shot is oof. But the I like the rest of them.

NaCl(my 2 cents and worth all of that)H2O
Was wondering if they worked. They look so good to me... The plan is to use them in composites... Sparkles... They are glitter of some sort. Have some sharp shoots on site.

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Very nice images. Almost impressionistic. I'd call it a successful exploration.

Mike
Thank you... The coloring works?

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Colours are very pleasant, and the soft, long exposure bluriness are quite unique - not my favourite style, but much to appreciate about them
Well done.
Thanks. Will try some more soon... Then again I just got a 645n and will be setting up to develop b&w then scan... That will make a huge difference in what I produce. Looking forward to seeing what I get from dark clubs...