Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Street shooting (in 2005) with my 51 year old camera (at the time) ..
Posted By: Jack Simpson, 07-25-2009, 09:19 AM

I dug out my old AsahiFlexIIb (circa 1954)yesterday and finished off the roll of film and these are a few of the pics I came across .... I was probably using an old 35/3.5 lens on my old 'meterless, tiny
waist level finder' camera. Shot on (at least) 4 year old Kodak (GC24) film and processed (at the
store I used to work at) and scanned (at the store I currently work at)









Blast away ....fellow photogs

Jack
Views: 2,750
07-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member
mischivo's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 397
I like film.

Good framing on the girl (if that's the original crop). Good subject matter in the second photo: headless people walking by someone who appears derelict.

I'm surprised the highlights are so blown in the first photo though. C41 typically has more dynamic range than that. Perhaps it was scanning technique though, as I'm seeing vestiges of detail.
07-26-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 218
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mischivo Quote
I like film.

Good framing on the girl (if that's the original crop). Good subject matter in the second photo: headless people walking by someone who appears derelict.

I'm surprised the highlights are so blown in the first photo though. C41 typically has more dynamic range than that. Perhaps it was scanning technique though, as I'm seeing vestiges of detail.
Hi Paul,

Firstly , thanks for your comments and, secondly, I am an idiot When I first posted
it i was happy and then I looked at the photo again and found it a tad too dark so I lightened it what I thought was appropriate amount but was, obviously, wrong

Cheers and I shall try it again

Jack
07-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Copenhagen
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,845
QuoteOriginally posted by Jack_Simpson Quote
Hi Paul,

Firstly , thanks for your comments and, secondly, I am an idiot When I first posted
it i was happy and then I looked at the photo again and found it a tad too dark so I lightened it what I thought was appropriate amount but was, obviously, wrong

Cheers and I shall try it again

Jack
As always, good shots from you.
In the first photo though, I also feel that there are some artifacts that influence the picture.

07-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 943
the kid one is fantstic

the streets just looks better in film
08-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #6
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 218
Original Poster
Jonson PL

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
As always, good shots from you.
In the first photo though, I also feel that there are some artifacts that influence the picture.
Hi Sune,

Thanks very much and, yep, there are definitely some "undue" influences in the
pics ...the least of which is Noise

Cheers,

Jack
08-01-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 218
Original Poster
RedPigeons

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
the kid one is fantstic

the streets just looks better in film
Hi R_P,

Thanks very much and I wish I could say I agree 100% (about the
film) but I will say these pictures definitely have a different look to them

Cheers,

Jack
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, film, photo, store
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Streets Street shooting in China Douglas_of_Sweden Post Your Photos! 24 04-21-2010 03:54 AM
People 2010 Chinese New Year/Street fractal Post Your Photos! 30 02-26-2010 07:10 AM
Street shooting at the market xhanatos Post Your Photos! 14 07-01-2009 04:19 AM
Malacca Street shooting. fadzil karim Post Your Photos! 8 06-24-2009 12:11 AM
street shooting with the DA*50-135 Douglas_of_Sweden Post Your Photos! 10 09-22-2008 05:31 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top