Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Last of my series...
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 05-09-2007, 07:29 AM

Thanks for looking, any comments and tips are greatly appreciated.

Attached Images

Views: 1,424
05-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love the last one - the colors and the long shadows are a great effect
05-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #3

Some pretty sick photos ya got there. real nice
05-10-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hmmm .... your horizons are a little wonky in places don't you think? I have the same problem. I'm going to change the viewfinder to a grid one to help me. Not sure you can do that with a K110 but there's always photoshop!

05-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Christian Quote
Hmmm .... your horizons are a little wonky in places don't you think? I have the same problem. I'm going to change the viewfinder to a grid one to help me. Not sure you can do that with a K110 but there's always photoshop!
Nice pic, I agree, but the horizon angled like that drives me wacky.

How's this? I really like the dark sand, it sets a somber mood.

Last edited by J.Scott; 08-18-2007 at 01:25 AM.
05-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Some nice photos there. I have to agree about the horizon but apart from that they are great.
I like how you caught the guy jumping in the first shot and the others have very good colours. Fine serie.

Cheers

Eddie
05-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #7

Except the 1st one, they are all very nice, especially the last 2. I really like the one with 2 people in the dark, you can still see detail of what they wear, what is the camera setting for that pic?

05-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey Christian, thanks for pointing that out, I never even noticed it, I was so intent on getting the shadows to line up. I had to walk 2 or 3 paces in front of them and take the shot while they were moving, took a few times to get it right (well that close). Good call on the grid viewfinder, I actually shot that with the K10D, guess I need to add tha to my sig file. Thanks for fixing it up J.Scott.

Chocolar - I took all of these photos in JPEG and I am really bad at reading my EXIF data so i can learn from it, I am a newb. The image was shot at 1/125 @ f4, ISO 100 at 40mm

I am on another vacation now and I remembered to switch my camera to shoot in RAW so hopefully I wont have that problem any more.

Last edited by Buddha Jones; 05-10-2007 at 06:45 PM.
05-10-2007, 08:09 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
very very nice shots
I like the one with the man jumping... unique and great lighting to boot
looks like all your questions paid off.... some really great shots here

randy
05-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
I am on another vacation now and I remembered to switch my camera to shoot in RAW so hopefully I wont have that problem any more.

how many vacations do you get? LOL Looking forward to seeing more shots Buddha,keep it up !!
05-11-2007, 08:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
how many vacations do you get? LOL Looking forward to seeing more shots Buddha,keep it up !!

More of a long weekend than a real vacation. The old man turned 70 yesterday and it's Mothers Day weekend so i decided that it was a good time to come and see the family.
05-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
very very nice shots
I like the one with the man jumping... unique and great lighting to boot
looks like all your questions paid off.... some really great shots here

randy

Thanks Randy, i am working on some post processing techniques mainly using unsharp mask to get the images to 'pop' more. I've always said, to myself, that I didnt want to use PS to cheat myself into good photos, doing anything more than you could do in a darkroom. A good friend of mine just said the same thing to me this morning so I think I am going to go back to shooting in JPG unless I know that I will be needing a RAW image for something.
05-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shots Buddha, love the shadows one, it shows you took some time to compose the shot, and the nice thing is the horizon is easily fixed. Love photo editing programs. My other two favs are the birds and the sunset wave, but all are really good.

NaCl(thanks for sharing)H2O