Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My First Photo Shoot
Posted By: ceericks, 07-29-2009, 02:17 PM

This past Sunday I had a photo shoot with a good friend of my Wife and I, Tanikka Charrae. She is an up and coming recording artist out of Philadelphia PA. She is talented beyond all means, a great friend, and a blast to work with!

As of lately I have been interested in Portrait Photography. This is my first photo shoot, and many more to come. Here are a few pics below. The pics were taken with my Pentax K100D, DA40mm prime, and DA18-55mm. Our location was Water Works in Philadelphia, right near the Art Museum. It was a nice sunny day. CC is welcomed, that’s the only way I will perfect my craft.

Enjoy

Corey

Views: 2,489
07-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series. I like the first photo best. the most flattering of all the shots. good luck
07-30-2009, 12:46 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I like the b&w close crop the best. I also like the tones in the first photo. I would have tried to compensate for the different lighting situations and exposed more for her face in the other photos (looks like the WB setting could have helped), to capture her deep caramel skin tones. The others just look a little flat to me. I'm no pro, just my opinion
07-30-2009, 01:45 AM   #4
Damn Brit

I like #7 and #8, I can see the possibility of using them for promo purposes.

Now don't you have a weekly challenge to judge Corey.
I know I'd be putting it off if it was my job, good luck.

07-30-2009, 04:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like #7 best, nice light.
07-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
Inactive Account

#7 definitely works very well, #1 is good too (like the expression). The remainder are good as well, but there's some unnatural posing of her body and head that looks a bit awkward.

Great start!

c[_]
07-31-2009, 06:31 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks to all of you for your comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Now don't you have a weekly challenge to judge Corey.
I know I'd be putting it off if it was my job, good luck.
I was taking my time on the judging, there were some great photos to select from.
I didn't expect such a large outcome.

QuoteOriginally posted by hanamai Quote
I like the b&w close crop the best. I also like the tones in the first photo. I would have tried to compensate for the different lighting situations and exposed more for her face in the other photos (looks like the WB setting could have helped), to capture her deep caramel skin tones. The others just look a little flat to me. I'm no pro, just my opinion
Hanamai your comments were also one of my concerns. It was a hot sunny day out and I was trying to utilize the shade and sunshine WB settings on the K100D. It was definetely a challenge.

07-31-2009, 06:57 AM   #8
graphicgr8s

They're all nice with no. 1 being my favorite. No. 2 could have used a touch of fill. No. 3 she has her arm in an awkward position. She's bending it back too far.
07-31-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The first and last are the best. She really looks comfortable with the camera.