Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Finally, I've moved to a village....
Posted By: artistcjconrad, 07-29-2009, 02:50 PM

Hello everyone! I’ve been trying to move out of the city for a long, long time. Finally that day came and I moved to St-Tite, Quebec. St-Tite is about 200 km north-east of Montreal. It’s a farming community of 4000 people, surrounded by mountains, rivers, forests and lakes. It’s a beautiful place and for the first time in my life, I’m the happiest person in the whole world. I live very close to the nature, surrounded by peace and tranquility. I sleep better, I eat better and I can breath in lung full of fresh air.

One day I drove around the neighborhood a little bit just to get an idea about the new place. It was more like scouting the area. The pictures are all snap shots, mostly taken from the car windows. I just cropped the pictures, adjusted the brightness, contrast and the color to my liking, that‘s about it. I would very much like to go back again under the right condition. Also, I’ve found some more beautiful places after these pictures were taken. So, I promise you some nice pictures in the future. For now, these pictures are just to give you an idea about my new neighborhood, hope you enjoy.

Regards
cj

Last edited by artistcjconrad; 09-24-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Views: 2,569
07-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you all for your support, means a lot to me. It wasn't easy to give up everything and choose a simpler life but, I'm glad I did. The whole family ( I, my wife and the two cats) is much happier than before.

07-31-2009, 09:05 AM   #17
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Better get out and about now, before that cold Canadian winter comes.
07-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful place. Love all the green.
07-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Nice place, but give it a year and you'll want to shoot city buildings! I love the country, but I have to be somewhere that a Red Bull is within a 5 minute drive.

07-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by artistcjconrad Quote
Thank you all for your support, means a lot to me. It wasn't easy to give up everything and choose a simpler life but, I'm glad I did. The whole family ( I, my wife and the two cats) is much happier than before.

Just the sort of thing I'd like to do! Let me know if/when you get fed up there and we'll swap!
08-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #21
JMR
Veteran Member

Nice images, particilary like the road leading to the horizon.

JMR
08-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #22
Veteran Member

It's the best feeling to get away from the rat race and out to the country.
Best thing I did was move away ... i do travel for work ... but that doesn't bother me.
When i get home ... it's the best feeling.

08-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems a quiet and lovely place to me! Congratulations, I hope you will be happy in your new environment!
08-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #24
Veteran Member

nice low, rolling hills and farming community - reminds me of my hometown in Pennsylvania. Thanks for sharing, very nice pics.
08-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Wow that is a beautiful place to be - the fall colors will be outstanding ! Congrats.
08-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I moved to the country for a "short time" to see how it feels...24 years ago. I wouldn't think of going back. It takes about half an hour to make it to Montréal, and the air smells nice (not counting those days when farmers spread manure) and fresh.

Je vais au Festival Western cette année. Peut-être aurons nous la chance de se rencontrer. C'est une magnifique région du Québec.
08-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #27

Wow, I've never been to Ste-Tite, but I think I should go now... Le festival arrive bientôt... non?

We trully have amazing places in Quebec!

Annie
08-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Better get out and about now, before that cold Canadian winter comes.
You know you want to move to Canada.

QuoteOriginally posted by scatron Quote
Beautiful place. Love all the green.
Thanks scatron

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax_XTC Quote
Nice place, but give it a year and you'll want to shoot city buildings! I love the country, but I have to be somewhere that a Red Bull is within a 5 minute drive.
Never liked shooting building.:ugh:

QuoteOriginally posted by lidy Quote
Just the sort of thing I'd like to do! Let me know if/when you get fed up there and we'll swap!
You wish!

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Nice images, particilary like the road leading to the horizon.

JMR
Thanks JMR. I would like to go back to the same spot again and I know exactly what I'm going to do the next time. Just need the right sky for that.
08-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #29

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
It's the best feeling to get away from the rat race and out to the country.
Best thing I did was move away ... i do travel for work ... but that doesn't bother me.
When i get home ... it's the best feeling.
Well said, Mechan1k. I have one advantage over you though - I work from home.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Seems a quiet and lovely place to me! Congratulations, I hope you will be happy in your new environment!
Thanks Rense. I'm happier here.

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
nice low, rolling hills and farming community - reminds me of my hometown in Pennsylvania. Thanks for sharing, very nice pics.
Thanks Khardur. Maybe you should visit your hometown more often.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Wow that is a beautiful place to be - the fall colors will be outstanding ! Congrats.
Thanks Daacon. Yes, I'm waiting for the fall impatiently. Only problem is the winter comes right after that. BTW, next time you make a trip to mexico, let me know. I still remember the picture of that dancer!
08-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #30

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
I moved to the country for a "short time" to see how it feels...24 years ago. I wouldn't think of going back. It takes about half an hour to make it to Montréal, and the air smells nice (not counting those days when farmers spread manure) and fresh.

Je vais au Festival Western cette année. Peut-être aurons nous la chance de se rencontrer. C'est une magnifique région du Québec.
I know what you mean. And, I don't miss Montrel that much. Actually, next year I might move even further away.
That's not a bad idea. If you come, let me know.

QuoteOriginally posted by BlueEye Quote
Wow, I've never been to Ste-Tite, but I think I should go now... Le festival arrive bientôt... non?

We trully have amazing places in Quebec!

Yes, the Western Festival starts on September 11th. Hey, why not come by during the festival. I'm sure there will be lots things to take picture of.

Quebec is called "La Belle Province." Now you know why.

Annie