Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
two of my images in calendar, woot!
Posted By: khardur, 07-30-2009, 05:45 PM

Okay, I've been entering this local calendar contest every year since 2000. A local company, Quality Printing in Pittsfield, MA runs a contest and they put out a very nice calendar every year with shots from around my county. I haven't seen any stats for this year, but the past few they've had over 100 photographers enter and more than 1100 pics to go through.

Well I found out a few weeks back that I got 2 images in the calendar. woo hoo!
Here's a link to their website. They have a slideshow there of their 2010 calendar images.

This year I happened to have some good fortune. Here's the images they chose for 1st and 3rd place. I may have posted these before, months ago when I took them.

I'm very humbled by their choices - there was one photo in particular, a grasshopper on the edge of a flower, that was absolutely amazing and would have gotten my nod for 1st over my own pictures, but maybe I'm just blah about my pics because I've seen them in my organizer too much?

Anyway, I just wanted to share my little bit of news, I've been giddy for a week since finding out a few weeks back that I got two images in, it was even better to find out I got 3rd place even but to get 1st as well?? Holy crap..!

Okay I've blabbered enough, back to work! I've got other projects going right now..
Views: 1,998
07-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #2

Congratulations...very nice images.
07-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Two thumps up. Well done. Love the first image. JIM
07-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Dan, I've seen that first image before - it's great!!!

Congrats on the images being selected...

Regards,
Marc

07-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Those are terrific images. Congrats on the selections. You should be very proud.
07-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
Damn Brit

I remember those two shots Dan, I criticised the first one (then found out brightness was down on my monitor) and liked the second. Did you ever try my suggestion of putting a quarter in and shooting through the eyepiece?

Congratulations on being selected.
07-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #7
Pentaxian

That's a huge honor. Congrats, your shots are very well deserving.
07-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots, I remember the first one, and it is still amazing! Congratulations on the selection, that must be fun!!

07-31-2009, 01:40 AM   #9
Ash
Community Manager

Well deserved.
Congrats.
Love those ones.
07-31-2009, 03:23 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. It's very exciting, and the release of their calendar will also coincide with an exhibit - I've been granted some temporary exhibit space in our small local history museum later this year into next. It could be a major step up as far as visibility for me. The town has in the past 10 years or so transformed into somewhat of an art community. Could be my chance to network.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I remember those two shots Dan, I criticised the first one (then found out brightness was down on my monitor) and liked the second. Did you ever try my suggestion of putting a quarter in and shooting through the eyepiece?

Congratulations on being selected.
Hey Gary, thanks. Yes I remember about the brightness on your monitor. And no, unfortunately I haven't been back to that site again since to try throwing a quarter in the binoculars. My hours at my "day job" have changed so I have more time in the morning, that's the best time for that location, so maybe soon.
07-31-2009, 04:11 AM   #11
Millionth Poster!

congrats two very worthy pictures for publication
07-31-2009, 05:35 AM   #12
Veteran Member

congratulations, Dan! I remember both of these images, I am not surprised they were chosen.
good luck with the exhibition as well!