Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

A Girl's Bestfriend
Posted By: Pentaxor, 07-31-2009, 01:41 AM

a photo that captivates the heart of every woman. A symbol of eternal love.

[

Last edited by Pentaxor; 07-31-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Views: 4,481
08-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #31
Damn Brit

If a woman wanted a diamond in this day and age, I'd say "Next". I'm so glad my wife is low maintenance, when it comes to extravagance anyway.

08-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #32

A diamond would be a difficult photo subject, wouldn't it, becaause of brilliance and refllections?

I have a solitaire somewhere around here, a single carat, emerald cut, set in white gold. Everyone pretty much knew that marriage was a bad idea. Nevertheless, we all played along.

An old friend of my fiance was a jewelery guy...he came over to the house...my husband to be was away working 24 on, 24 off, 24 on Emergency Room shifts about 4 hours away.

I had several bottles of champagne for an exploratory of what to serve at the wedding.

Jewelry guy brought a tray of diamonds and some demo settings. It was sunny Santa Barbara at its most pleasant. The two of us spent the whole day sampling champagne and diamonds and talking, so that by afternoon we were wondering why we didn't run off together...but by evening, we'd both had way too much to drink to bother.

It's a beautiful ring. Not sure if it is forever, but years longer than that marriage. The diamond sticks out and scratches everything though, so I hardly ever wore it, even then.
08-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I just have a different perception and I'm glad that my wife sees and acknowledges that. no , I didn't had to force or say my opinion about it on her but she readily accepted because she saw the real significance or value of what I was giving.
Ring or no, it sounds like you have a good relationship with your wife, anyway!
08-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Are any of you familiar with the past reasons for wanting to get a diamond ring, or the lyrics to the song "Diamonds are a girl's best friend"? The lyrics reflect the original point:

A kiss may be grand
But it won't pay the rental
On your humble flat
Or help you at the automat.

There may come a time
When a hard-boiled employer
Thinks you're awful nice,
But get that ice or else no dice.

He's your guy
When stocks are high,
But beware when they start to descend.

It's then that those louses
Go back to their spouses.
Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

The meaning of things drifts, I guess, and a diamond is now supposed to mean something about eternal love. Society has a short memory, so we've forgotten it was a safety net for relatively powerless women in case of being abandoned.

Yeah, I'll stick with my aged tree sap. Much less meaningful...

Julie