Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Senior Picture Day
Posted By: codiac2600, 05-10-2007, 09:07 PM

My best friends niece needed some portraits done so I told her I would but had to deal with the poor scenery and tough lighting but managed to get some good pictures for her. Not anything final just some practice as she wasn't very photogenic because she thinks her braces are bad.

Taken with either the Pentax 50mm 1.4 or the Sigma 105mm 2.8.
Views: 1,664
05-11-2007, 03:26 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
With the title "Senior Picture Day" I was expecting wheelchairs and walkers but was pleasantly surprrised! I like the last one where she is looking straight into the camera.
05-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Nice, my favorite is the last one too, although I think the first would have been the best with a little reflected light on the shaded side of her face.
05-11-2007, 08:38 AM   #4

The last photograph is definitely the best because she looks engaged in the process. I actually like the lighting on the 3rd one too.

She is very photogenic and I'm sure she'll open up if that notion is reinforced. It's just that certain shots work better than others with some people. One can get a very nice portrait with a pensive look or a genuine smile rather than a full toothy grin that a lot of people seem to like. Just my opinion, of course

05-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agrees

QuoteOriginally posted by Nixarma Quote
The last photograph is definitely the best because she looks engaged in the process. I actually like the lighting on the 3rd one too.

She is very photogenic and I'm sure she'll open up if that notion is reinforced. It's just that certain shots work better than others with some people. One can get a very nice portrait with a pensive look or a genuine smile rather than a full toothy grin that a lot of people seem to like. Just my opinion, of course
I agree with everything you said, except that I do think she's engaged in the process in the first shot, but in a very negative way. If she can be convince that the camera in not her enemy I think some very good things can be achieved. That first picture clearly says "make me attractive...I dare you!"

NaCl(it's too bad everybody doesn't see their own beauty)H2O
05-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I agree with everything you said, except that I do think she's engaged in the process in the first shot, but in a very negative way.
Very true.
05-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like the last one too.

Pretty young lady, but she does not look too happy being in front of the camera...so I think you have done a really good job.

Stephen