Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Macro flower shot
Posted By: fevbusch, 05-11-2007, 04:19 AM

Taken in my front yard with Sigma 50mm 2.8 EX lens on my k100d body. AV mode f2.8 ISO200, spot metering. I was looking for a special effect with this shot. Hopefully it will be evident. This is a half inch wide blossom shot up very close. c & C welcome. Freddy.

Last edited by fevbusch; 05-12-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Views: 1,166
05-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice 3D effect Freddy, I can even see it on my less than stellar work monitor. I like the way the leaf on the left fades into obscurity. Nice peaceful feel with all the green and the muted white. The only change I would make would be to lighten it slightly, but that may be a condition of this monitor.

NaCl(trying to figure how to convince the boss I need a 20 lcd monitor)H2O
05-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Line around flower?

Hey Freddie, just noticing a lasso selection line around the flower. It looks like you have lightened the background but not the flower. I can see on my monitor this line showing up quite clearly.

What I would try is do a very loose lasso selection around the flower, feather it and then use "select colour range" and select just the white areas. Then with the selection loaded, adjust levels with an adjustment layer. Using the adjustment layer will leave the original photo as is, and never permantently altered.

These are sort of steps we use a lot of the time when we(my work) adjust food styled photos.

Oh i guess this will only work for you if you have a decent version of photoshop.

Hope this helps

Doug