Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

These shots are rubbish
Posted By: Damn Brit, 08-04-2009, 01:41 AM

Told you. First two shot with FA 50, second two with Sigma 24-60. Pop up flash.
Technique: Use thumb and first finger of left hand to pinch nose. With camera set to AF, hold camera over opening of bin with lens pointing down. Press shutter button.
Note: When flash fires, you know picture has been taken.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 04-29-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Views: 4,386
08-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #16
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Well you'd probably have to cut off some body part or dye your hair white while acting totally off your rocker in public.

geez what did I just say.......
Well, I've got #3 down to a fine art.

08-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think somebody is getting bored...
08-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #18
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I think somebody is getting bored...
I think somebody is a bit of a fuddy duddy, imagine it large on your wall grandpa.
08-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These pictures are garbage! You don't walk about with a brown paper bag on your walks to you Gary. cheers bud. JIM

08-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #20
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
These pictures are garbage! You don't walk about with a brown paper bag on your walks to you Gary. cheers bud. JIM
Maybe I should have titled this thread 'ID help needed'.
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #21

I'm glad to see you put that 24-60 to use Gary, especially since I wasn't :P. How is it treating you so far?
08-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #22
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by touchmyichi Quote
I'm glad to see you put that 24-60 to use Gary, especially since I wasn't :P. How is it treating you so far?
I'm enjoying it thanks Matt although it does take the odd rubbish picture.
I'll PM you later.

08-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #23
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
These shots make me want to vomit, so I guess considering the subject matter, that's a complement.
08-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #24
JMR
Veteran Member

Reminds me of our Toronto, Garbage strike- recently ended. I thought I saw a guy with a plain brown bag over his head trolling for stuff during the strike. Sort of like Junior, the son of Sylvester the cat, who said, "there goes the son of the only father who is afraid of a mouse...oh the shame of it." But it was a giant mouse, right Gary?

JMR
08-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #25
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
These shots make me want to vomit, so I guess considering the subject matter, that's a complement.
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Reminds me of our Toronto, Garbage strike- recently ended. I thought I saw a guy with a plain brown bag over his head trolling for stuff during the strike. Sort of like Junior, the son of Sylvester the cat, who said, "there goes the son of the only father who is afraid of a mouse...oh the shame of it." But it was a giant mouse, right Gary?

JMR
I had no idea this thread would be such a success. I may have to take a few more and stage an exhibition.
08-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #26
Igilligan

Your most socially relevent series yet

You have captured the self portrait of all mankind in a mechanized faceless consumer driven world...

Eat, Sleep, f**k, Sleep, Dye your hair, smoke, drink, eat, sleep...

Life is trash and we are but vessels for their Pills and Soap...

And like your garbage, we too end up in the ash heap of history. Nothing but layers upon layers marking time.

No wonder this thread has captured the imagination of the photobots...

Congrats Gary...

Last edited by Igilligan; 08-04-2009 at 10:50 PM.
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #27
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
You have capture the self portrait of all mankind in a mechanized faceless consumer driven world...

Eat, Sleep, f**k, Sleep, Dye your hair, smoke, drink, eat, sleep...

Life is trash and we are but vessels for their Pills and Soap...

And like your garbage, we too end up in the ash heap of history. Nothing but layers upon layers marking time.

No wonder this thread has captured the imagination of the photobots...

Congrats Gary...
Haha Gus, thanks mate, I should have guessed you would come up with some deep and meaningful thoughts on this series.
You get IT.

So, how about getting them blown up large or projecting them and using them as a backdrop for the reunion?
08-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One man's trash is another man's... photo study?
08-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #29
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Haha Gus, thanks mate, I should have guessed you would come up with some deep and meaningful thoughts on this series.
You get IT.

So, how about getting them blown up large or projecting them and using them as a backdrop for the reunion?
Sadly my friend, there are no digital projectors made that have the resolution to resolve the ugly details of your simple Hi Def truth.

You could print them as flyers on cheap recycled copy paper...
Then, one day if you are truly lucky, you may stumble on one in a garbage can and photograph it. Then the "Life is Trash / Trash is Art" cycle will finally be complete.
08-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmmmmm I see a packet of Lays crisps (we call them chips over here) - they are a big favorite in this part of the world;-) but in our rubbish bin you would have found Pringles!

Cheers

Dylan