the gallery will be updated with more pictures later tomorrow
Hope you enjoy
Views: 5,309
08-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #16
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mischivo Quote
The photography is pretty much top tier, however... and this is a HUGE however... you need a new make-up artist / hairstylist. That stuff is just too overboard. The blonde looks like a Conehead with a comb-over and the wrong fake eyelashes on the wrong lids. The first girl has better hair, but feathers for eyelashes?

What were you thinking when shooting this, that it's creative? You have great studio photography talent, hell, far beyond any of mine, but even if Dave Lachapelle takes a photo of crap, it's still crap. There is absolutely no meaning here, which leads me to believe that it was done just because it was possible. Putting a paper bag on their heads would also be possible, would make a bigger statement, and save bucks. The makeup is amateurish in terms of design (although the execution seems fine) and screams for attention. I'm being harsh, but that's because the make-up work is a slap in the face of the art.

If I were you, I'd pose these excellently shot pieces as a mockery of bad make-up. That's the only way I can see it making any sense... ever.
The feathers over the eyes of the first shot didn't really bother me until you pointed it out. I don't think it's that bad, although a more uniform look between the two would have looked better. I think the feathers are too soft and light to really get them accurately matching.

I am not sure if it's the makeup in picture one, as there is a glare on her shoulder and throat. It could just be she was a little warm or starting to sweat from the lights? Some make-up could have been applied to eliminate this. That was the one thing I really noticed from shot 1 is the glare on her left cheekbone and chin. Other than that, my first glance I was thinking it is a stunning shot.

Shot 2 also looks stunning at first glance, but I think I've been doing this too long and start to pick apart too much. I think you have to watch things like her bra strap showing on her left side, and the way her right arm presses up against her side, leaving a slightly awkward and curved line at the armpit. I'm a big armpit watcher and always check to make sure arms never press awkwardly against the body to leave odd shaped lines. Having her put her arm on her thigh, with her elbow slightly bent outward would have moved it away from the body, leaving a more flattering look.

Alternatively, it looks like her dress could have been shifted to her right, covering the bra strap better on the left, and perhaps making the dress strap meet her armpit, and covering the awkward line there.

Aside from that in shot 2, I don't mind the hair and make-up as her robotic stare outward fits the over the top fashion look.

In shot 3, I don't like the covered eyelid look and the fence cuts across the back of her head in an awkard spot. Watch for linear things horizontally, vertically, and diagonally behind a subject's head. You did fine with the fence positioning in shot 4 and I think this is a great shot, perhaps the best of the lot.

In shot 5 the pose is a little off, as it makes that left arm look larger than it probably is, with the way it is pressed against her body. Also, the make-up attachments on her left cheek are too small to notice what they are, so they come off looking like a distraction that the viewer can't quite make out.

08-08-2009, 06:16 AM   #17
Veteran Member

LOVE your work!!!
08-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
First and last, I really like.
Also the blue one