08-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the 4th one.
08-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thx. This time I even used natural light.

08-06-2009, 05:55 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Your work continues to amaze me! They are all fabulous. I recognize the beach from previous shots of yours and also recognize your significant other in the last photo. Excellent work (as always)!!!!

c[_]
08-06-2009, 06:07 AM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Spectacular Eric.
Congrats on these absolutely stunning portraits - in studio and out.
#4's PP work is exquisite - just brilliant.
Make up, props, lighting - all perfectly executed.
What more to say?
08-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I think that a lot of Canikon are crying as we gasp with inspiration of your work,I AM A FAN

cheers
08-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
heheh thx just blushing now

08-07-2009, 03:05 AM   #9
Forum Member

i must say those are stunning portraits... well executed.
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member

The photography is pretty much top tier, however... and this is a HUGE however... you need a new make-up artist / hairstylist. That stuff is just too overboard. The blonde looks like a Conehead with a comb-over and the wrong fake eyelashes on the wrong lids. The first girl has better hair, but feathers for eyelashes?

What were you thinking when shooting this, that it's creative? You have great studio photography talent, hell, far beyond any of mine, but even if Dave Lachapelle takes a photo of crap, it's still crap. There is absolutely no meaning here, which leads me to believe that it was done just because it was possible. Putting a paper bag on their heads would also be possible, would make a bigger statement, and save bucks. The makeup is amateurish in terms of design (although the execution seems fine) and screams for attention. I'm being harsh, but that's because the make-up work is a slap in the face of the art.

If I were you, I'd pose these excellently shot pieces as a mockery of bad make-up. That's the only way I can see it making any sense... ever.

Last edited by mischivo; 08-07-2009 at 01:14 PM.
08-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I'm piping in near where mischivo went. with a huge difference... I like it.

the upside down eyelashes is good out in the field shot. That is where the makeup and design was intended to be. The feathers too. With that one: I think there is more to work there in composition. She has the body to be lithe like a bird... pose and dress doesn't carry it for me. Locked out knees always look awkward rather than dynamic to me... and the last one I think is the most exciting dynamic one.

Off to see the others...

2, 4, 7, 8 & 9! Wow... Good work thanks for the share and inspiration. Lighting set up?

Last edited by metroeloise; 08-07-2009 at 01:08 PM.
08-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I won't discuss taste

but I myself like the makeup. And yes I need more practice posing models, but it sure helps when the models are used to do modeling. Most of the models I use, are not true models. well I have not used a true model to this day. And happy about that, since that gives me more room to learn even more.

thank you
08-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by devisor Quote
I won't discuss taste

but I myself like the makeup. And yes I need more practice posing models, but it sure helps when the models are used to do modeling. Most of the models I use, are not true models. well I have not used a true model to this day. And happy about that, since that gives me more room to learn even more.

thank you
so if this was a women you met at a bar, with feathers for eyelashes, you would take her home?

and btw your lighting technique is excellent, did you happen to use an ND filter for the water shots?
08-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
so if this was a women you met at a bar, with feathers for eyelashes, you would take her home?

and btw your lighting technique is excellent, did you happen to use an ND filter for the water shots?
well this shoots are not day to day images, so it is not about reflecting reality of life. Like most fashion images, this are about what is not normal. Fashion is often about breaking rules etc.

Thx, I hope I can control the light one day.

In some images I used PL filters.. but most of them where without filters.
08-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by devisor Quote
I won't discuss taste

thank you
Don't I know it! I am finding every aspect of shooting with people amazing. So many learning curves. I have been shooting with some models, or rather one that is aspiring with some small time experience and another that is a retired super model. Both help me so much. Most of the other people are into it for different reasons. From each I learn more...
Dig the way you use the lights. Also commend you for the gumption on trying out wildness in art direction. Are you structuring that too? Are you doing the makeup, directing it? I have ideas working up. Every shoot I learn more. As of now I am focusing on gear control with minimal art direction. The mix will change as I get that down. Thanks so much for sharing.