Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Down down down down...
Posted By: innershell, 08-05-2009, 09:05 PM

Not sure why I was obsessed today about stairs and escalators, but I was. These are two shots from my office tower emergency stairs down to the main mall where there is an escalator to the lower entrance of the mall. Hope you like them.

Views: 1,166
08-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I like the theme and would like to see more. These were a little dark for me. In #1 there is the hint of a figure top of the stairs to the right that would be spookier if it was a person & easier to see.
08-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback. I really like dark-ish photography, but having a hard time getting it just right because of the calibration of monitors. I have an old monitor and an old camera so it will be hit or miss during PP. Not trying to make excuses or anything. :P
08-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #4

I like both, but I find them a little dark as well. I think the exposure on the first is right in regards to highlights, but wish you could have flushed out a bit more in the dark areas. Stairs so often make for good photos like yours.

08-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you. Tonight I will reprocess them using a different laptop and see how it turns out. I love the feedback you guys give.

I want to be good and I've only been doing this for a few months. I think I have potential to be great.
08-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I put a little more highlights into the shadows of both pics. Didn't brighten it too much, so hope this is an improvement.