Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My new car & first photos
Posted By: mikeSF, 08-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Finally something I want to photograph, lol. Yesterday I brought home my new (pre-owned actually) Mustang , and before I get it all dirty, I thought I should capture the new car smell on camera.

This morning at dawn, I drove it down to the local school parking lot and shot these handhelds using the Cosina 55mm for the first two and the fisheye for the rest. I hope you like these.

Views: 4,322
08-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Nice family car.

Congrats.

Are you coming tomorrow by the way?

Last edited by Damn Brit; 08-08-2009 at 03:12 PM.
08-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Mike,
SWEET RIDE! Cool shots of a really hot car. I had a silver blue '65 Stang with the 289-4v. I love the retro look of yours.
08-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These car shots are very well done - and the car is a gas. My first car was a brand new '65 Mustang coupe (289-4V; 4-spd) in summer of '64. I love the look of your convertible in black.

One thing you might try: crop out some of the concrete in the foreground of your first image. Just a small issue - your images really work for this car.

Jer

08-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice series, Mike.
08-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice family car.
Congrats.
yeah about that, i set out looking for a nice roomy 4-dr safe car for the whole family...this ain't that, doh!

QuoteQuote:
Are you coming tomorrow by the way?
not sure i can swing it. I'm gonna miss you guys again - sorry.
08-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bokehboy Quote
Mike,
SWEET RIDE! Cool shots of a really hot car. I had a silver blue '65 Stang with the 289-4v. I love the retro look of yours.
awesome. I have my grandma's '65 coupe (200 straight 6) in the garage, waiting for the restoration to resume (one of these days). I love the '60's era Mustangs- they have so much style.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
These car shots are very well done - and the car is a gas. My first car was a brand new '65 Mustang coupe (289-4V; 4-spd) in summer of '64. I love the look of your convertible in black.

One thing you might try: crop out some of the concrete in the foreground of your first image. Just a small issue - your images really work for this car.

Jer
great tip on the excess concrete - thanks so much!

QuoteOriginally posted by paulyrichard Quote
Nice series, Mike.
thanks! gotta admit the subject was pretty easy to shoot, not like those birds i chase around the backyard.

08-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Great shots! The FE shots are excellent and the perspectives on the last 4 are very fresh.

c[_]
08-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

Love these shots. Even the fisheye adds a lot I like the effect here. BTW it's really hard getting a baby seat out of a convertible. JFYI
08-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I am a Chevy guy but have a soft spot for the Mustang. Nice shots.
08-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ll_coffee_lP Quote
Great shots! The FE shots are excellent and the perspectives on the last 4 are very fresh.

c[_]
much appreciated. I was just walking around the car kneeling and trying to avoid all the darn lens flaring I was getting from the headlights and reflections of myself in the car body. Got a few bad bloopers with what looks like ball lightning and other ghostly beings.

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I am a Chevy guy but have a soft spot for the Mustang. Nice shots.
Thanks. I have never been a Chevy guy until a few weeks ago when i started seeing the new Camaro on the road and that thing is killer. No, i havent seen the transformer movie which i understand was timed to coincide with the release of the car by Chevy. Well, I ran to the Chevy dealer hoping to drive one and they pretty much laughed at me; apparently, not only are there no Camaros at any dealership ANYWHERE in California, but they are tacking on a demand premium (an extra $5k-$15K just to get in line for one), and orders are taking 2-3 months. whoa! way out of my league.
08-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Love these shots. Even the fisheye adds a lot I like the effect here. BTW it's really hard getting a baby seat out of a convertible. JFYI
TY. When i got my fisheye lens this year, one of the first opportunities I had happened to be a Mustang show I passed on the way home...it was raining so I only snapped a couple pics but loved the creative perspective it lends to cars. So, when loading the camera bag to shoot a few of my car, I immediately thought FISHEYE.

baby seat, oh boy - I actually remember trying to get my youngest son into my '99 Mustang in his gigantic rear facing baby seat and what a pain that was. We have a baby girl these days and she just wont be riding in this car ever.

here is that first shot with my fisheye of some random Mustang in the rain...

'67 Mustang

Last edited by mikeSF; 08-09-2009 at 04:56 PM.
08-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Nice car, really fancy ans great images to go along

Enjoy !
08-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice photos of a nice ride Mike... Makes me remember my 68 Mustang.

Mike

Last edited by MRRiley; 08-10-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: finally learned to spell
08-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #15

Photos: Albums
Beautiful car and great shots to show it off to us ;-)