Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Urban Graphics
Posted By: paulyrichard, 08-09-2009, 02:06 AM

I tend not to make photographs of other people's poster art on the street unless it has somethin' to say, or within' a juxtaposition of some sort.
With this, I jus' wanted to document how different artists artwork gets added to and modified by another artists hand on the street. They evolve.

There is a guy in the market at Spitalfields in London, who has documented and taken pictures of a lot of Urban Art on the street and is now sellin' the photographs as pictures to the public for at least £18.99 a piece. They're sized at about 30cm x 45cm approximately.

The tourists will buy 'em, for sure.

Poster Art Evolution

Views: 3,096
08-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I like it. it's better than a lot of stuff I've seen in galleries.
08-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 9thumbs Quote
I like it. it's better than a lot of stuff I've seen in galleries.
True on both accounts...

love the idea of (re)selling the art. In fact I have been collecting too. I see it as new art. Different medium/treatment/effect/impact. I would share.
08-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

It reminds me of my ex-girlfriend

Seriously, I like it.

08-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks fellas, appreciate it.

Your right, some of these fellas on the street are incredibly talented individuals.