Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Morning Outing
Posted By: Jimbo, 08-09-2009, 03:34 PM

Tried something a little different today have seeing a post by Gary. I took four images [the second one here is one of the four] short vertically [portrait] and then combined them in Photoshop Elements. Used my Pentax 12-24 at around 15mm for the four shots. The last one was also taken this morning just as the sun was breaking over the mountains. cheers JIM

Views: 1,705
08-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow. The third on make we want to pick up my walking shoes.

You stitched these together?
08-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The first image was stitched from four images. The last shot is one shot. The second image is part of the four images. Appreciate you looking and commenting. when I was done I noticed I left the ISO at 640 instead of setting up to 100 ISO. JIM
08-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by metroeloise Quote
Wow. The third on make we want to pick up my walking shoes.
I agree, it looks like a great place for a walk. I really like the light coming over the mountains.

08-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
agree, it looks like a great place for a walk. I really like the light coming over the mountains.
These dikes go for miles. I walk them every weekend, about 2-3 miles, looking for wildlife to shoot and sometimes I get lucky with shots like these. Appreciate you commenting. JIM
08-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A serene scenery you walked through there Jim.
Well done with the seamless stitching. Nice images.
08-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

These are beautiful - brings my bp down just looking at them.

Jer

08-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful shots Jim and amazing job stitching them together... The saturation and depth is superb!

Mike
08-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I do a lot of panorama's, they are great fun aren't they? I too, saw Gary's post and was hoping to get out and try some today. Didn't happen...

Jim, these are stunning. I have really enjoyed your last few series from this area and these really add to and compliment what you've shown us so far. #3 is absolutely gorgeous!! Keep these coming, Jim ; I'm quite sure you had as much fun taking as I have looking
08-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
A serene scenery you walked through there Jim.
Well done with the seamless stitching. Nice images.
Thanks Ash. wish I could take credit for the stitching butr the software does all the work. JIm

QuoteQuote:
These are beautiful - brings my bp down just looking at them.

Jer
Anything that makes you feel more relexed is good with me Bud! JIM

QuoteQuote:
Beautiful shots Jim and amazing job stitching them together... The saturation and depth is superb!

Mike
Thanks Mike. The lighting did help. Very little PP was required. Little crop / little adjustment in Levels... thats about it. JIM

QuoteQuote:
do a lot of panorama's, they are great fun aren't they? I too, saw Gary's post and was hoping to get out and try some today. Didn't happen...

Jim, these are stunning. I have really enjoyed your last few series from this area and these really add to and compliment what you've shown us so far. #3 is absolutely gorgeous!! Keep these coming, Jim ; I'm quite sure you had as much fun taking as I have looking
Thank you for commenting. That Gary just adds all sort of work for me!!! I really enjoy this area and looking forward to the fall. Cheers JIM