Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
wedding preparations
Posted By: jena, 05-13-2007, 06:57 PM

I am shooting a wedding for a friend next weekend. We were at the venue (Kilmore Tram Museum) yesterday getting the site ready and I took the opportunity to take a few images. It is going to prove to be a nightmare in terms of exposure. The wedding will take place on a tram at 12.30. Anyway, here is the cast of characters.
1) the bride's sister 2) the grooms brother
3) the bride's mother 4) the bride and groom

Attached Images

Last edited by jena; 05-13-2007 at 06:58 PM. Reason: spelling error
Views: 2,832
05-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi Jena. The Groom's brother photo is wicked. The expression is well caught, though slightly over exposed with the flash.

Thanks for posting

Great to see another melbournians around
05-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #3

Hi Jena,

On a tram? Interesting! Are both bride and groom tram-crazy?

The only paid gig I've done so far was for the 50th birthday party thrown for this lady by her sisters on a historic rail-car. About 40 people on board. I went expecting to use my FA 35 and FA 50 a lot (I didn't have the FA 77 then) but since rail-cars are long and narrow, even the 18mm end of the kit lens wasn't great in terms of coverage.

Luckily, I had packed my DA 10-17 FE lensand that saved my skin! I used that lens for about 40% of my shots and they were VERY pleased with the results.

I see you have a 15mm FE lens... it might be a good idea to take it along, just in case

N.
05-17-2007, 07:38 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. I have a sigma 10 -20 which I will take as well as a 18 -125. But I am expecting to need something a little wider than the 18 given th tight space restrictions. H asked her to marry him during dinner on the Melbourne tram restaurant and they decided to keep the theme going with the tram venue. The worst pf it is going to b the exposure issues and that it is expected to rain on Saturday. Ah well I cant bring myself to wish the rain away

Karen

05-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

A Tram/Streetcar? That is tight. Glad to read that you'll be using some WA lenses.

Did you use the onboard flash in your second shot? I get a more pronounced shiny skin effect a lot with closeups when using my onboard flash. To get around this, I use a translucent film canister cut to fit over the flash in order to act as a diffuser. You might have to bump the exposure up depending on how far your subject is.

Have fun!
05-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip Alvin. I do have an external flash but it is unreliable on the K10D (bought it with the original *ISTD). I will be about 5 feet at most from the bride and groom during the ceremony (you cant get much further way on a tram ). So I Will try a diffuser.

Karen