Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Grandson's first attempts at photography
Posted By: dankuno, 08-12-2009, 08:27 PM

Took my nine year old grandson out last night for his first photos with the K20D. His first shot came out rather clear, but I was more proud of his attempt at panning. He didn't pan on purpose, the chickens just started running and he followed them and snapped the shot.

Attached Images

Views: 1,343
08-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
58 people viewed an not a single comment?!? Come on people. I do think the first one is a little blurry except the feet, maybe the focus point the camera chose was the feet? I think maybe you should have set that to auto before you handed the camera over to him. The second one looks like the shutter speed was too slow to catch the shot in motion. If it was on all auto I guess the camera didnt like the lighting for whatever reason. You should hand him the camera and have him try panning shots on cars going down the street. get him used to when to press the button and how to react to it.
By the way, YOU HAVE A GRANDSON???!!!!
08-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Well done to your grandson. It's always great to see photos from kids because the generally see the world completley differently to us. And their photos often reflect that.

You should take him somewhere interesting and let him go. See what he comes up with.

PS... My son took some very quirky shots when he was nine. The compisitions were quite unusually. Unfortunatly he had a cr@p camera at the time so the exposures weren't that great.

BG
08-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments Mopar. Actually, I have two grandsons and one granddaughter. Make sure you take lots of pictures and share them with us when you go to Germany and Switzerland for three weeks. You must have a great job and boss to let you take such a long time off.