Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Bee and a 10 dollar lens
Posted By: VaughnA, 08-14-2009, 07:37 PM

I went out onto our deck playing with my 10 dollar tokina 28mm F/2.8 pawnshop find. It took about 10 minutes to remove the ricoh pin and I have a winner. Remarkably sharp and great contrast. Slightly cropped but they look much sharper than my macro zooms. I do have to compensate with the metering on my K10D but I'm loving this lens. Makes me want more primes.

Edit: These really don't show how sharp they really are.

Attached Images

Views: 1,845
08-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It's probably because of the attachment downsizing, try flickr or photobucket if you want it to be sized better, then use IMGWIDE tags

Nice pictures and you seem to have a winner lens... great catch!
08-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Good shots and oh the satisfaction of a $10 lens, deep joy.