Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First time out on the street - scary!
Posted By: USCdeacon, 05-14-2007, 06:25 PM

I went to visit my grandmother who happens to live on right off of Hollywood Blvd. and went out to take a few pictures after a late lunch with family.

My k10d has only been in my hands for a little over a month, so please be kind!
I was bit too reserved to just start shootin' away at strangers so I ended up shooting a lot of the street performers. Tips and constructive criticism for street photography please!!!

haven't been on here for a while - finals were hectic, but now I'm on summer break - good to be back!

more can be found over at Flickr: Photos from USCdeacon

fellow pentaxian,
USCdeacon
Views: 1,777
05-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Those are great street shots. I really enjoy the one of the guy with the IIII hat and the last one here are my favorite ones. That lens is so sweet isn't it? Now that I've upgraded to the FA 50 I'm pleasently taking better shots. I definitely going to go ot on the streets sometime and try something like you've done so well here. Kudos

-Chris
05-14-2007, 10:36 PM   #3

Original Poster
thanks codiac

yeah the SMC-M 50/1.7 i awesome - of course I'd wish it autofocused (esp. for fast moving subjects) but can't complain for the price :P
05-16-2007, 07:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These really capture the atmosphere, I like them! The only comment I would make is on the second one, it's kind of hard to figure out what he is doing. Love the expression of the guy in the third picture!

Carol

05-16-2007, 07:47 AM   #5

Nice images!

Thanks for sharing.
05-16-2007, 07:49 AM   #6
Inactive Account

These are excellent street shots! I like the third... but, the second is simply excellent!
05-18-2007, 12:36 AM   #7

Original Poster
thanks for the kind words all

it was a bit brighter than the pictures show that afternoon - I'm assuming it's a light metering issue - which metering mode should typically be used outdoors, in an urban setting, with the sun not at full brightness, but just under?