Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Help! Any ideas on what this is?
Posted By: NaClH2O, 05-14-2007, 08:49 PM

I opened this file and saw a bright spot. At first I thought it was a stuck pixel, I've gotten them b4. But it was bigger than 1 pixel and has a ghost. If it wasn't bright daylight I'd say it was a meteorite, but I don't think even my magical Zenitar could capture that. The second shot is a the largest blow up that gives any kind of resolution to it. I'm at a loss, I don't think it's lens flare, it could be reflection off a plane I guess but there is no indication of a airplane like shape. Anybody with any ideas? DS, Zenitar at 1/1000 aperture unknown.

NaCl(it's got me baffeled)H2O
Views: 1,240
05-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
to me it looks like a little flare. If it's only on that 1 pic I wouldn't worry about it Salty.
05-14-2007, 09:45 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's definitely lens flare, so don't worry about it. With a fisheye pointed towards the sun, it'll be hard to avoid.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-14-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I think it is a spaceship from Mars, muahahahaha

05-15-2007, 04:35 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Oh I wasn't worried about it! It showed up in only one pic after all, the thing is that I took a shot from almost the exact same angle less than a few seconds later and no flare. Only difference was landscape orientation instead of portrait. I'm surprised that the flare is so small, almost a point and it didn't show up in the next shot. I'll post the other shot when I get home tonite.

NaCl(never saw a flare like that but then the "Z" is weird)H2O