Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Another Pentaxian went to Maine
Posted By: mel, 08-18-2009, 04:17 AM

More from the vacation. We spent two days in Maine, which, IMO was not nearly enough. It is a beautiful beautiful place.

Acadia National Park

Portland. A passerby said this was the very best spot in all of Maine.

Bar Harbor (or Bah Hahbah as the souvenier bumper stickers - for the cah - said. Seriously. There were stickers that said that)

Views: 2,438
08-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Wow we totally missed that bus thing. And know I don't think we went through Freeport. My eyes would have definitely caught the outlet store thing due to all my clothes being stolen But not until the way back out as I really wanted to get up there and shoot before the day was out.

Great series Mel - much nicer ending!

I have some memories of Freeport, but they are very painful!!

Cheers,
Marc

08-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #17
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Great series Mel - much nicer ending!

I have some memories of Freeport, but they are very painful!!

Cheers,
Marc
hmmmm. bet there's a story there.
08-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are great photos. There is lots of wonderful light to work with in Maine, if one knows how, which you clearly do.

You are right about the time one should spend in Maine. We usually get a Friday-Friday or Sat-Sat rental, typically on an island, though sometimes on the mainland. That is enough time to absorb some of the island timetable for living, which is healthier than our normal pace. If I'm able, I like to run in Maine in the summer- it beats St. Louis (usually, anyway), and, having grown up in Arizona, I don't mind running in the rain if the weather turns wet.

I'd love to see what you could do with your cameras in Norway. My wife and I went there for 3 weeks in 1985, when we were young... It is a paradise. We still argue about who took some of the best shots, though in a friendly way. (You couldn't have taken it- I remember composing that shot!...)