Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Images (8) from Quebec City
Posted By: Sailor, 05-16-2007, 07:06 PM

I returned yesterday from a slightly truncated visit to Quebec City. I didn't have much time so I had to settle for some snap shots, several of which are posted here to celebrate this wonderful town. All were taken with DS2 and the trio of DA Limiteds.

Gate into the old city:

Chateau Frontenac (evening):

A street shot:

Face in the crowd:

Cobble stones:

Cafe at night:

Chateau at night:

Leaving the old city after a great meal and a few beers:

Sorry for so many pictures, but this town is terrific - the streets, the people, the restaurants, the bars, the visitors - I just had to share these. Makes me want to visit Europe again.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 05-16-2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: I pushed the wrong button the first (and 2nd) time
Views: 1,949
05-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Oh yes, that's my city.
My mother, brother and 2 of my sisters live there. It will be time for a visit soon.

I am glad you enjoyed your short visit. Best time to really explore and appreciate Quebec city is during July and August timeframe. The streets are full of activities, people from every parts of the world visit and enjoy the hospitability of the local population.

Great pictures by the way, too bad you did not get a chance to go on the Promenade, the view of the river is outstanding.
05-17-2007, 04:00 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots Jer, makes me want to go and visit. IMHO Quebec has some of the best cuisine in North America along with New Orleans, San Francisco and NYC. Loved the cobbles and the street scene.

NaCl(another city on The List)H2O
05-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for posting these, makes me want to visit Quebec City. I really enjoyed the night scenes

Carol

05-17-2007, 08:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

They're all beautiful Sailor.

I've got some winter pictures of some of the same buildings, taken with an inferior camera. (my old Sony point and shoot) Would you mind if I post a couple of them as well?
05-17-2007, 08:35 AM   #6
Forum Member

Your pictures are great! I love that beautiful and historic City and its cuisine. "Face in the Crowd" is my fave. Cheers, Jayne
05-17-2007, 10:03 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
They're all beautiful Sailor.

I've got some winter pictures of some of the same buildings, taken with an inferior camera. (my old Sony point and shoot) Would you mind if I post a couple of them as well?
I wouldn't mind at all, Stu - indeed while I was there, I mentally tried to picture the city in winter.

Jer

05-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks, everyone for the kind comments. One thing my shots don't capture is the festive feeling of the city - even on a Monday evening in May. So the mood of the place in summer, and Denis mentions, must be particularly enjoyable.

On the evening we were there, I got into an extended conversation with some folks from the Netherlands and the Boston area. I mentioned that the city is truly cosmopolitan and pointed out that even in one small room we had three nationalities: Dutch, Boston Yankee and Texan.

I'd really like to spend a few days there. I find I need a period of snap shooting before I really "see" well (or at least as well as I can).

Thanks again,

Jer
05-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Sorry that the image quality is inferior, the camera does make a difference

It was during the winter carnival 2 years ago, they usually have more snow that time of year.
05-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks much for posting these, Stu. What a town this is!

Jer
05-17-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Quebec City! It's such an awesome place to be in and my favorite destination. Great shots!
05-18-2007, 07:00 AM   #12

Stunning photos. I've always wanted to visit Quebec City. Thank you for sharing these images.