Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Slideshow: my Cuban vacation
Posted By: mischivo, 08-23-2009, 05:33 PM

I'd like to thank Adam for implementing the Zenfolio embedded slideshow feature into the forums. This is a nifty new feature they added while I was getting away from unemployment . Anyway, onto the slideshow. The photos are pretty boring, as I just stayed on the resort and got drunk a lot, so feel free to tear me a new one with the C&C. However, please consider that most of the photos with me in them weren't taken by me, with two exceptions: the three person group shot and the last image at the pool bar.

[zslideshow=912491929][/zslideshow]
Views: 1,791
08-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
JMR
Veteran Member

Looks like a good vacation, even though its not my ideal. The photos are not bad as vacation shots go. I see you are attracted to blue skies and puffy wide clouds. I like those best. And maybe a polarizer? Your photos are very bright, is because of high tone settings? Something I just discovered this week.

JMR
08-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Every shot with a sky and clouds uses a polarizing filter. The shots are bright because I shot everything on film (2 Ektar, 1 Velvia). The Velvia, in my opinion, isn't that bright. However, the Ektar shots, on which most of the portraits are shot, tend to seem overexposed. This isn't related to exposure bias, as I use a lightmeter and expose accordingly. The shots are bright because of my perpetual difficulties with scanning colour negative films. Just assume that the shots as they are currently are compromises for my ideal of colour balance, saturation, and tone. If you gleam into the highlights, you'll notice that none of them are blown, which for some of these compositions, would be impossible with a digital camera (or Velvia, for that film can't even hold onto the detail of the surf).