Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Seeing
Posted By: JMR, 08-24-2009, 05:42 PM

I often get looks, as many of us fellow photographers do, when people see that we are not photographing the usual scenic views, especially in look-out places like bridges overlooking the city. So I noticed the city planted all these wonderful birches near the bridge and got such looks as people walked by. Anyway, here are two, which I think had a surreal quality to begin with, but I accentuated the feeling with the Orton effect. The second image is a break wall and lake scene just off the bridge in Sunnyside, Toronto.

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 09-04-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Views: 3,602
08-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
JMR
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Beautiful shots JMR and you're right about the looks you get when photographing what others would consider unremarkable.
It is sometimes amusing, but sometimes scary because some people think you are not really photographing everyday things.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax_XTC Quote
"People" take pictures of things that "Wow" everyone when it's in plain site. "Photographers" take pictures of ordinary things to "Wow" the "people" with their creative vision.
Many thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
Both are great shots, but #1 is my favorite. I like the framing and PP.
Frank
Thanks Frank.

JMR