Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Not sure how I did this...
Posted By: innershell, 08-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Went to mom's place for a visit and brought the macro lens because I knew she has a beautiful garden. I suck at macro and I really messed up this shot, but it turned to be okay. The flower is so soft and the bokeh is so silky smooth that it doesn't look like a digital photo anymore.

C&C welcome as always...

#1 - Is this a digital photo?

Views: 2,179
08-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Never say "I don't know how I did this", instead you should have said "I decided to go for the soft dreamy look" (or words to that effect).

I personally like the second shot, nicely composed and nice OOF highlights in background that balance the picture well.
08-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I agree with Gary. The second shot is great. Nice colours.
08-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

#1 for me Melvin, that is superb with such great pastel colours.

08-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I've only shot film for a little while so don't take my words too seriously, but yes, it does look like a digital photo, judging from the blacks and how clean and sharp the overall image is. Except maybe #4... I can't really tell there. I can probably analyze the noise pattern in #4 and come to an udecated guess, but I digress Doesn't change the fact that they're great though! I like #1 and #2 the best... very simple but beaut.

Which macro lens? The D-FA 100? *edit* saw your sig
08-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Number one for me too. The colours and softness are wonderful.
08-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member

The second shot amazed me with the colors.
Nice work.

08-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, you're among friends, so you can say you aren't sure... but in other company, Gary's sage words rule.

I'm out of step with some, apparently, because #2 really doesn't grab me, but 1 and 3 are a joy to see.
08-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everybody for your feedback. I am not afraid to admit when I don't know what I'm doing. lol

It is great to see how varied people's opinions are. I thought #1 would be unique, but seems like most of you like the sharper photos of #2 and #3 which to me are nice photos, but doesn't WOW me.

Still working on the photo that will WOW me. I got new flower pics coming up today.
08-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by innershell Quote
Thanks everybody for your feedback. I am not afraid to admit when I don't know what I'm doing. lol

It is great to see how varied people's opinions are. I thought #1 would be unique, but seems like most of you like the sharper photos of #2 and #3 which to me are nice photos, but doesn't WOW me.

Still working on the photo that will WOW me. I got new flower pics coming up today.
I like all of them, though you are right...#1 is sort of unique. What came to my mind is that the lens might have been fogged.

Steve
08-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #11

Photos: Albums
Nice hops!!! (Homebrewing is my other hobby)