Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
What have I been up to...
Posted By: codiac2600, 08-27-2009, 10:39 AM

Man it's been waaaaaaay too long since I've posted on here so I thought I'd stop by and show off some of the things I've been doing.

First off I'm now the lead photographer for our local Baseball team the Rockford Riverhawks so I'm out there shooting the games in the dugout and on the field. Also picked up the Rockford Thunder pro fastpitch team which is home to the olympic gold medal wining pitcher Cat Osterman. I'm also an instructor for local workshops held by the world famous photographer Nels Akerlund. I'm also doing weekly shoots with girls from HIN (Hot import nights) and selling poster prints of the lovely young ladies at their events not too mention the cars. Oh... and weddings, family sessions and the occasional baby.

Basically, I've been too busy for anything besides working the camera and editing on my computer.

So today I'll put up some of my favorite shots that I've taken while I've been away so enjoy and as always C&C is appreciated!

A lovely wedding ends with a lovely image...

The three sisters...

Behind bars... grrrrrr

OUT!

SAFE!

The Pitch...

Nailed at first...

Bad toss...

Say it ump! He's OUT!

Lighting class, model Jessica...

HIN poster image, model Brit...

Brewery Workshop images... For more info on the Brewery Workshop check Camera Craft Inc.

Views: 4,787
08-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Wow.

That's all I've got to say, except "Nailed at First" should be called "Safe at first." The first baseman missed the ball.
08-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

well, I deeply enjoyed this series. image after image you surprised me with color and composition.
I would have a hard time to pick favorites here.

Congratulations, you are among those who don't have to question the quality of your equipment. It loves you and complements your skill.
08-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Forum Member

Excellent work!!!!

08-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Great work as always Chris! It's good to hear that you are keeping busy. We do miss your model photography on the forum, but if you're making money at what you love then more power to you!

Last edited by Pentax_XTC; 08-28-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling
08-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Good to hear that work is going well. Some great samples you’re posting
08-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to hear from you again Chris.
Was wondering how you'd been faring.
Great way to come back into the scene - with pics!
Well done with these and keep enjoying your craft!

08-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #8

Great work Chris
every single one of them
nr. 2 beeing my fav
08-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
fantastic work. envious of the baseball conections
08-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Nic series Chris you are really diversifying well done the baseball shots are fantastic.
08-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #11

Chris,

I'd be interested to hear how you enjoy shooting with the D700 coming from your Pentax background...

I'd also love to know which lenses you use for Nikon...

Paul
08-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulsoucy Quote
Chris,

I'd be interested to hear how you enjoy shooting with the D700 coming from your Pentax background...

I'd also love to know which lenses you use for Nikon...

Paul
I hope those were Pentax...if not...no need to bring it up. Regardless of the camera...great shots....lots of thought. Hope you can post more here.
08-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you so much everyone, can't express how much it means to hear all the good words from the place I started at and all the great photographers that post here.

@Paul, I still shoot Pentax, as well as Canon and Nikon. I use the Nikon more so now because of the ISO capabilities, but the K7 is doing me fine at the moment and may end up being my main sports cam during day games. I've always been a Pentaxian and always will even though it's not my main ride. During every shoot I have to edit I wish my Nikon took images like my Pentax in terms of look, color and contrast.
08-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #14

Cool

Well I am a fan of your work and check your site regularly... so thats why I was asking... is there a particular gallery on your website that showcases the K7?

Thanks man!
Paul
08-29-2009, 10:04 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulsoucy Quote
Cool

Well I am a fan of your work and check your site regularly... so thats why I was asking... is there a particular gallery on your website that showcases the K7?

Thanks man!
Paul
Not yet I've only been working on paid work for this site and just picked up the K7 10 days ago. I've missed the last few ball games due to rain so hopefully in two weeks!