Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My first wedding EVER!!! Yikes!!!!
Posted By: creoleart, 09-02-2009, 09:55 AM

Okay for those of you who had warned me not to do this, I don't want to hear any "I told you so"!!!! Because I am definitely not quite ready for this!!!
But because I advertised my service at a very small fee people kept calling me!!!
Unfortunately I have 4 more as main photographer after this!! I don't know what I was thinking!! I need to be second shooting, I just hope that this will open some doors to some assisting jobs because i feel there is so much I still don't know. I made so many mistakes! I am lucky that the bride was VERY easy to please and loved her photos!!
So here is a sample set from the noob on the block!!!! Go easy guys!

Views: 3,089
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Taff Quote
hey there, i see you got totally chewed up on Fred
And that is an understatement!!! Oh man did I eat dirt there!!!! But it is a whole different league there. Hopefully it will help me get better!!

Thank you guys for your nice comments here, I really needed to read that after yesterday!!! I know I still have a lot to learn but we all have to start somewhere!

09-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, she got chewed up pretty bad.....I'm sure her butt's sore after going through that! She handled it well though. They're a tough crowd, but many of them really mean well. I learned a LOT hanging out with those folks.....even if 75% of them shoot Canon. Actually met a few guys at a local meetup. Nice guys. It's usually the mean ones that are the loudest anyway...
09-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #18
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm assuming the shots that were out of focus were from using AF, and it didn't catch the right spot you wanted? Try manually focusing and you won't lose a shot due to that problem. Especially when you have time with stationary people. Stick to AF for the moving people and tracking them.
09-07-2009, 07:12 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You have climbed your first mountain and succeeded,now to build a pond this your will go far.Well done and enjoy yourself and the creativity will flow fine .Best of luck

cheers

09-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #20
Inactive Account

I like your start here. Certainly did far better than I could do. I also like the work you did on 6&7. Note everything '80's is so bad.