Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nicely worked in PP.
A pleasant capture to see as well.
Thanks for sharing.
09-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I am working the whole off the hip idea. I took that with my 17-35 siggy. Love that lens.

I was walking the street and going for off the hip shots that were not surreptitious. They were spontaneous and had some other feature of interest to taking them. This one came out the best. She was riding the sidewalk toward me and could see what I was doing. I panned by turning in place.

Need a bit more control in the PP. Pretty happy with it. Looks too dark on my friends monitor. Will be calibrating all friends monitors soon! iso was 1600 as I had left it from the previous night's club shots. At least I didn't miss it.

I have missed shots because I didn't know how to aim from the hip. I am Making it a skill to get (and each lens is different too!) Want the skill for times like this. Or the times I see something out of the corner of my eye and only have that much time. Must have the skill to have the lens correctly pointed as quickly as possible all the way up my eye. With a fast card and the k20d I can snap on the way up too.

I noticed a bmx biker loosing control and spilling off the bike. The bike went flying and tumbling trough the air slamming into a wall. Any of those shots would have been great to have. I missed them since it all happened faster than I could notice, turn and get my camera up to my face.