Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
M42 Week '09: Vivitar 135mm f/2.8
Posted By: deadwolfbones, 09-04-2009, 01:43 PM

Decided last week to shoot using only my oft-neglected M42 lenses on my K20D. Involved in the project are:Finally we have the Vivitar 135mm f/2.8. Got this lens on a Yashica TL Electro X body at an estate sale for a combined total of $20 (same place I got the Yashinon macro). Vivitar primes are pretty hit and miss in general, in my experience, but this one seems quite nice. My copy has taken a fall at some point, resulting in a dent to the built-in hood (which makes it a bit hard to pull out and push back in) and some slight stiffness at the long end of the focus throw, but aside from that it's pristine and feels like a tank on my camera. I didn't have much time to shoot on the day I packed this lens, but from what I was able to get, it appears the image quality is quite nice for the price:

Views: 3,343
09-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow! Another great set.

I gotta take my Vivitar 135/2.8 out for a spin. I know the lens is a great tool and this set reminds me just how good it is.

Thanks so much for sharing your "M42 Week"

Steve
09-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
More beauties from you.
These are all so sharp and wonderfully colourful.
M42s seem to be just like old classic vintage cars.
They command such attention and perform smoothly.
09-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Wow! Another great set.

I gotta take my Vivitar 135/2.8 out for a spin. I know the lens is a great tool and this set reminds me just how good it is.

Thanks so much for sharing your "M42 Week"

Steve
Thanks, Steve! To be honest, I've had the lens for nearly 6 months and this is the first time I've really used it. Gotta get into the reserves more often!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
More beauties from you.
These are all so sharp and wonderfully colourful.
M42s seem to be just like old classic vintage cars.
They command such attention and perform smoothly.
Too true, Ash. Thanks!