Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some firsts of my own.
Posted By: MoparFreak69, 09-08-2009, 04:04 AM

Ok so this is the first time I have attempted night shots. It is also the first time I have used Flikr so hopefully everything goes right and I can get the formatting down.

This first shot was taken in a small town in Switzerland called Stein am Rhein. It was taken just after the sun set so I managed to catch the sky blue. All shots taken with my 18-250mm on my K20d.

This next shot was taken turned around from the first shot.

This one was taken at an outdoor fish restraunt called Fischessen. I really liked the activity and feel of the narrow street so I tried to capture the essence of it here.

This was taken above Lake Geneva. The lights across the water (dark spot) is Montreux.

This was taken in Rothenburg odT in Germany.

Taken in the same town. The top of the building is a cuckoo clock.

Images arent showing up on the preview, hope this works.
Got links fixed. Any suggestions for sites that will allow me to link larger pictures? These were shrunk way too small to do them any justice
Edit: Photobucket allows up to about 1024x768 with their free accounts so if anybody else has been looking for a good free hosting site they seem about the best as far as I have found.

Last edited by MoparFreak69; 09-08-2009 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Got Bigger images
Views: 1,945
09-08-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
thanks for sharing... really enjoy your 3rd pic, makes me want to join right in...
09-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work, 2 & 3 are my favourites.

I tried handheld nightshots in similar settings (ie. in Austria and Europe) a few months ago and didn't do very well. I'm assuming you used a tripod, but I think you have done well anyway!