Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sights from the beach...
Posted By: paulsoucy, 09-09-2009, 10:46 AM

Hi everyone, its been quite some time since I last posted here... I spent most of the Labor Day weekend hanging out at the beach to shoot for myself for fun and practice...

All shots are with the K10, DA 18-250, jpg setting ( saturation boosted all the way up, sharpness set to normal, contrast -1 below normal )

They were all brought into photoshop for various processing ( mainly levels, dodging, and tonal contrast, and some subjective weathering )...I pushed the photos deliberately...

The 18-250 is a pretty good all around lens.... perhaps the only thing I don't like about it though is I think it misses focus a bit, but overall its a pretty good lens... the image quality is probably weakest at the telephoto end at any fstop... but is generally ok.. the key as usual is to hit the focus... I'd see the sweet spot is around f8, f11 at the far end... I've made 12 by 18 prints at that size and they look great...

Anyways here are some photos:

Thought the lines in the photo created some unique dynamic tension, the arch of the armrest juxtiposed with the curves in the gravel

Definitely the feel I had going for when I shot it......

As I was walking behind these two guys, I saw the svelte figure of the girl and did a quick hip shot, I rather like how it turned out..

The decisive moment?

Something equally entertaining and annoying about South Florida ( depending on your cultural taste )

One of the things i like about taking photographs of complete strangers is the feeling of getting caught, or even the subject being partly aware you are shooting them... in this case the boy and his father were about 10 feet away from me I zoomed in and framed them using the mounted seat on a rented bicycle and selected a focus point to the right so that I could aim the camera away yet snap them.... then I had the problem of processing the image to draw attention to them.. and this is what I ended up with...

Views: 2,560
09-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #2

Original Poster
and now some scenic....

09-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice mix of grainy, B&W and colour shots.
A cool series.
Thanks for sharing.