Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Where does the time go ?
Posted By: daacon, 09-09-2009, 06:45 PM

They say the older you get the faster time seems to fly - I happen to run accross a picture of my son with one of his first (if not the first) 'Girlfriends' from Grade 5. (not taken with a pentax )

Click on image for larger view

The boy has since graduated High School (last spring) and here is one I took a few weeks ago with his current girfriend ....

Where does the time go as I remember that grade 5 dance like it was well yesterday (although I can't remember what I did an hour ago haha)
Views: 1,533
09-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I feel the same way about my daiughter. Time does pass like a blink. My son has grown more in the last two years then the last 10. He is autistic and was a challenage for many years. He turns 16 Oct 1. Good looking boy Dave. JIM
09-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed, where does the time go. Working on my daughter's senior pictures now. It just seems like yesterday I left my wife home with her on her first day home from the hospital. And my son who is 14 just informed me he is 5 feet 11 inches tall!!!!
09-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

If you where using a Pentax you wouldnt have to worry about red eyes ,,,still kids do grow fast

cheers

09-10-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
I feel the same way about my daiughter. Time does pass like a blink. My son has grown more in the last two years then the last 10. He is autistic and was a challenage for many years. He turns 16 Oct 1. Good looking boy Dave. JIM
Thanks Jim I cam only imagine the challenges kudo's to you and the Mrs. Sweet 16 is a milestone for sure.

QuoteOriginally posted by Scottnorwo Quote
Agreed, where does the time go. Working on my daughter's senior pictures now. It just seems like yesterday I left my wife home with her on her first day home from the hospital. And my son who is 14 just informed me he is 5 feet 11 inches tall!!!!
Thanks Scott - yep my daughter is in her second year University at this point. 14 and 5'11" watch out - my son is a tad shorter than me and it ticks him off haha (he is jsut a shade over 6') but he is just trunin 18 here so there is still a chance.

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
If you where using a Pentax you wouldnt have to worry about red eyes ,,,still kids do grow fast
cheers
Thanks Ivan - BTW your brother Simon says hi
09-10-2009, 04:56 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

in the blink of an eye... i still look at my daughter, now 16, when she was a toddler....
sunrise, sunset....
09-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow Dave. Just like Kenny Chesney sang:

Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink

09-10-2009, 06:41 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
yep my daughter is in her second year University at this point

My daughter too Dave. Second year Simon Fraser. Lucky she is living at home. Its my son who turns 16 on Oct 1. Cheers bud and see you in 6 days. JIM
09-10-2009, 07:01 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, Dave - this post reminds us that you can't actually save time, you can only choose how you spend it.

Wait'll you guys start marvelling at the speed with which your grandchildren are growing up.

Jer
09-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
in the blink of an eye... i still look at my daughter, now 16, when she was a toddler....
sunrise, sunset....
Thanks dcmsox2004 I hear ya .....

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Wow Dave. Just like Kenny Chesney sang:

Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink
Thanks Ash nice poem .....

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
My daughter too Dave. Second year Simon Fraser. Lucky she is living at home. Its my son who turns 16 on Oct 1. Cheers bud and see you in 6 days. JIM
See ya soon Jim (and yeah she stays at home as well - there is talk of her staying on her own that to date as ended when we tell her sure on your dime )

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow, Dave - this post reminds us that you can't actually save time, you can only choose how you spend it.
Wait'll you guys start marvelling at the speed with which your grandchildren are growing up.
Jer
Well said bud words to live by and let's just stop that talk of grandchildren for now ok
09-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two nice images Dave and as others have said, time does not wait for anyone. Hard to believe but our son and daughter in law will celebrate their 32nd anniversary next month.

Take care,
09-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Two nice images Dave and as others have said, time does not wait for anyone. Hard to believe but our son and daughter in law will celebrate their 32nd anniversary next month.
Take care,
Wow things to look forward to thanks Heinrich