Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
automotive photo attempt (new to photog)
Posted By: k20d tommy, 09-12-2009, 08:43 PM

I've done 35mm film stuff for school but I am really new to digital photography and using photoshop. let me know what you guys think.
thanks
tommy

just for fun

Last edited by k20d tommy; 09-12-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Views: 1,346
09-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Tommy.
Looks like you're experimenting with some of the basics of Photoshop.
That's good.
There's results are decent, though of course a lot more could be done with the images.
I'm not a fan of the gradient effect you applied on the first two, though I can see why you chose it.
Isolating the car in the image is probably the most important improvement one can do in photographing cars. Kind of hard to do on the streets, so you've done OK with yours.
Keep at it - you'll just keep improving with time and practice.
09-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I would say you did a fine job of showcasing the car for the most part. I'm partial as a GC8 owner so these might look better to me than to the others but I would say they look fine. You might want to up your exposures a bit and punch these up to further define the car as the main subject matter but other than that your good i think. Is this your car? NASIOC member?

owen
09-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
the car belongs to a friend, He actually is on NASIOC (user name ImHellaSlow, if you wanted to contact him with any questions about his car), Thanks for the input, i really appreciate it.

tommy