Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
[Macro] New flash
Posted By: yeatzee, 09-18-2009, 09:36 PM

Well long story short I've been using my macro lens and some extension tubes a lot lately and it left a lot to be desired (in broad daylight I couldnt get more than F/5.6 and a fast enough shutter speed to stop the insects in their tracts because I simply was not getting enough light. I had to use atleast ISO 400 too ) So anyways I scored a Pentax AF360 flash in the marketplace and these are my favorite shots out of my first 20 using the flash. Tell me what you think

(ive got a lot to learn, but man am I enjoying the ability to use F/11 and higher with my extension tubes at base ISO and fast enough shutter speeds for hand held work! Its a dream come true )
Views: 1,191
09-19-2009, 03:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some impressive shoots here!
Keeep sharing
09-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Truly amazing details thanks for sharing

cheers
09-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
and
Veteran Member

ah, extension tubes, thats how you did it huh not so common to see extreme closeups like nr 3 and 4 , I guess the light works better here because its so close up that the relative size of it becomes much larger. must be extremely difficult to focus!

09-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
ah, extension tubes, thats how you did it huh not so common to see extreme closeups like nr 3 and 4 , I guess the light works better here because its so close up that the relative size of it becomes much larger. must be extremely difficult to focus!
Its not bad, though I have extremely steady hands (I do shooting competitions ). Also as you can tell by the amount in focus I was using a very high F-stop (~F/16 I believe)

Thanks guys