Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
amber fun shoot aka lara croft
Posted By: rjburgos, 09-20-2009, 09:12 PM

model: amber
theme: Lara Croft theme
camera: k100d and canon 40d

yesterday had a quick shoot with amber. she wants a lara croft theme.
here are some of the takes. c&c's are welcome
Views: 2,208
09-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
great opportunity to play around with poses, I dont think the smile in the 3rd one worked very well with the putting-in-a-clip pose. I like her pose in the 4th but imo you cant really see thats a weapon in that shot, last one is good but somehow the gun looks very unreal and plasticky and is that some mystery fingers on the bottom of the clip? I think a pair of handguns would have worked better for a lara croft theme. just trying to offer some constructive comments here
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the blur isn't consistent enough to make me believe it is creative DOF.
09-21-2009, 02:11 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not bad Bo.
Just for presentation purposes, a more accurately lined-up set of images would present better.
The 3rd with the smile does seem a little out of place - I don't see many weapon-handlers with a cheeky smile on their faces!

The soft blur is quite excessive IMO - certainly doesn't mimic Gaussian blur, but doesn't seem to add to the look of the image.

09-21-2009, 03:40 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Shots are OK. Blur is a bit much, smile shot is off. I like the top left shot the best by a long shot (pun intended).

c[_]

P.S. I doubt she would want to have her eye that close to the scope in the bottom shot. First - she wouldn't be able to see anything, and second - if that AR's got any kick she's going to be very sore.
09-21-2009, 03:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

like the creativity in this.. You should try go do something about the highlight on her fourhead.. it is to much IMO.

thumbs up
09-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Crop the bottom image more. My first thought was, "Where the H*ll are the fingers coming from on the bottom of the ammo clip?

09-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #8

Original Poster
thanks for viewing guys......also for the comments thanks also..will try to do something on the processing in the future...these are just done quickly and have not finalize it yet. its just for viewing purpose only.