Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I think i kinda like it...
Posted By: Quaffle, 05-23-2007, 08:57 PM

I looked over the picture briefly a few times before it actually caught my eye. Something about the simplicity that is pleasing to my eye. Its probably technically all wrong though. Please give tips and constructive critisicm, especially about car photography (my car is my favorite subject).

Views: 1,964
05-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

hmm.... it seems a bit snapshotty to me.

I would have gotten square on with the badge on the car and squatted down so it was at eye level. Also getting the whole bumper on that side of the car in the shot.
05-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I too look out for opportunities to capture fancy cars. I've got some shots of beauties, made perfect by the perfect position of the sun relative to the car. I think that might be the issue with this picture: Lighting is not quite right, and I'd have to agree it looks like a 'quickie'. A different perspective may have also helped (as mentioned). Standing straight behind the rear panel, or slightly to the side of the car with camera level at those lights might give you an appealing view. Keep at it.
05-24-2007, 12:48 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Agree with Ash, plus that background is a tad distracting. I think sunset/rise is the best time for car photos.

05-24-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Agree with Ash, plus that background is a tad distracting. I think sunset/rise is the best time for car photos.
Well late afternoon, just make sure that you are shooting from the side that the sun is shining on. Otherwise you get awful shadows.
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Examples

Some of the ones I had in the bank. First one is a photo of a photo (was on film) - hence the graininess.
Different perspectives gave me different feels... I like the ones looking right into the eyes (lights), just like with people.

See what you think...

Last edited by Ash; 02-14-2008 at 01:28 PM.
05-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #7

Quaffle, you will find a circular polarizer of great help in eliminating reflections off the body to a significant degree.